No announcement yet.

Found out how you’re supposed to drive in Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My observation here in Texas is that more women than men tend to not comply with left lane only for passing/slower traffic to the right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by psicoo View Post
      My observation here in Texas is that more women than men tend to not comply with left lane only for passing/slower traffic to the right.

I have noticed a reference in gender but I have noticed another very common factor but I can’t point that out....

Comment

Originally posted by Katsaregood View Post
        I was doing it all wrong going the speed limit. You’re supposed to drive like a bat out of hell. Especially if you’re driving a Petebilt pulling a loaded 53’ van trailer. Tailgate as close as possible and go 85+ as long as the wheels will stay on the pavement. Never mind all the crosses along the way from motorists who died. You’d think CDL holders would use at least some caution but apparently that’s for sissies too.

If you all you see in your rear view is bugs and chrome then your in the wrong dang lane!

Comment

I'm still wondering when you are going to tell us why you opened another account. What was wrong with Worksalot?

Comment

Impeding traffic in the left lane is now illegal in Oklahoma.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

My favorite thing. Two jack***** running side by side at 5 less than the limit like they own the road. Second favorite - gassers blocking the diesel pumps when others are available.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                I'm still wondering when you are going to tell us why you opened another account. What was wrong with Worksalot?

Hmmmmm. This is worksalot? How do you acquire this info? I may call you there are a few people recently who appear new but know to much history here.

Good work.

Comment

I lived in Oklahoma for 5 years in college. They like to say, "Oklahoma is the heart of America." Well, if that is true, I always thought Oklahoma drivers were the cholesterol clogging up the arteries. They never drove faster than the speed limit, no matter what state I find them in.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                    My favorite thing. Two jack***** running side by side at 5 less than the limit like they own the road. Second favorite - gassers blocking the diesel pumps when others are available.
                    Ooops. Sorry your highness.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      I have noticed a reference in gender but I have noticed another very common factor but I can’t point that out....
                      I've noticed the same trend.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        Yep.

Comment

If you were passing and some impatient jackwagon ran up on you, screw em. If you weren't, you should move over. As far as the trend, these wouldn't be the same people who tend to speed up and slow down as if they're on a timer, would it?

Comment

I do keep in the right lane and the wanna be NASCAR drivers try to push you there as well. It’s like no one can go fast enough. And the closer you get to the city, the congestion grows, and their still driving 75.

Comment

Did you happen to see a Black Trans Am ?

Comment

What I have run into almost daily, is long haul trucks from other states, that are so used to running at 65 mph max or the company they work for has put a 64 or 65 mph governor on their trucks. Don't know which, but I sure wish Texas would make it illegal for them to be in the left lane for more than 1/4 mile, unless there is only one lane going that direction. If there is more than one lane, they should not be allowed in the left lane. What I see daily is the right lane will have 15 big rigs going 64 mph in a 75 mph zone. Then two or three big rigs in the left lane trying to pass all 15 big rigs in the right lane, and doing so at 64.5 mph or 65 mph. They won't ever hit 66 mph. Then before they can pass all 15 trucks, at least two of those 15 trucks will jump over in the left lane doing 60 mph and then slowly get up to 64.5 mph as they pass the other 8 or so trucks.

So they turn into a rolling road block for 15 to 18 miles. I am sure they come from communist state, that requires them to have governors set at no higher than 65 mph. Then you get variations from one truck to another. So some can do 65 mph, some can do 64 mph or 64.5 mph.

Then other times, when the traffic is moving 65 mph to 70 mph on 35 for as far as you can see. That will be the time, some big rig driver on speed comes flying up behind me doing 95 mph and just flat out acts like he don't care, he's going to drive right over me. I can't go left, right or speed up because off all of the other 800 cars on the road around me and ahead of me. I would sure like to be doing 80 mph myself, but because of the 800 or so other cars ahead of me, that ain't going to happen.

Then you have the people some of which seem timid and being in the left lane they seem to feel safer. Under no circumstance, will they speed up to 70 mph or 75 mph or move out of the right lane. Yes I don't like those people, but if I can get around them and go, I do. But when you only have two lanes and 18 wheelers in both lanes, going 64 mph for many miles, that just causes me to blow a fuse or two.

On our trips where we have driven up 35 or other interstates for long distances. We have noticed that it is very common for big rigs to be all over the road, taking up the lane they are trying to be in, then half a lane to the left and the shoulder to the right. On one trip, we can see probably 10 to 15 trucks doing this on a 600 mile drive. When I finally find a semi safe point to pass the truck, every time, you can see the driver is watching videos on his phone, or Ipad. Just completely focused on his phone. This problem seems to be very bad on IH 35, don't know why it's so bad on most any section of 35. I have seen it on IH 10, but not near as often. We took 35, up through Okiehoma an Kansas, it seemed like every 50 miles we came upon a truck driver watching videos on his phone and all over the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X