No announcement yet.

Boy's Broken Jaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, tough one! I know you guys must be so proud of that young man. Prayers for you all!

Comment

That's tough. Prayers for full healing.

Comment

Dang, that hurts just reading about it. Prayers for your son on a speedy recovery.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers for your son.

Comment

Dang. That sounds horrible having to eat like that for 6 months. Prayers sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

On the bright side, he has great teeth! Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Comment

Ouch. Prayers up.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

My son had his jaw broken last year. So I feel yours and his pain.
                  Want to see if our lessons learned can help him through this without loosing too much weight and make easier to eat.

Purchase one or several of these, wash bottle.
                  I don't remember the size, think it was 12oz. Bigger would be better.
                  Cut the pointy tip off and use some scotch bright to smooth down the edge.
                  This setup worked so much better for my son. The syringe was a nightmare for us. Mexican food with some beef broth to thin was his favorite. Be careful of pasta and rice, they make the drink too thick and was hard for my son to swallow. You can use them, just go light. One other tip, I found the lid on Fiesta Seasoning to have holes that were slightly smaller that the wash bottle spout. This placed in a funnel will filter out any chunks that will clog the spout.

Sorry, forgot one other tip. Get a waterpik. This will keep his teeth very clean. Doctor was shocked to see that my son did not have fur growing on the inside of his mouth.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Prayers for the young man ^^^

Comment

Prayers for Dane for a full recovery.

Comment

Man that’s rough! Prayers sent for a quick recovery! Maybe grab some mass gainer mix from the supplement shop. High in carbs, protein and calories. May help him maintain his weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post
                          My son had his jaw broken last year. So I feel yours and his pain.
                          Want to see if our lessons learned can help him through this without loosing too much weight and make easier to eat.

Purchase one or several of these, wash bottle.
                          I don't remember the size, think it was 12oz. Bigger would be better.
                          Cut the pointy tip off and use some scotch bright to smooth down the edge.
                          This setup worked so much better for my son. The syringe was a nightmare for us. Mexican food with some beef broth to thin was his favorite. Be careful of pasta and rice, they make the drink too thick and was hard for my son to swallow. You can use them, just go light. One other tip, I found the lid on Fiesta Seasoning to have holes that were slightly smaller that the wash bottle spout. This placed in a funnel will filter out any chunks that will clog the spout.

Sorry, forgot one other tip. Get a waterpik. This will keep his teeth very clean. Doctor was shocked to see that my son did not have fur growing on the inside of his mouth.
                          I can't thank all of you guys that are offering up suggestions here, texting me, PMing me trying to help out. I'm not sure we even need a doctor now given what TBH can offer.

I'm really humbled by the assistance. You folks are so supportive. I can't thank you enough. I really just posted to inform, not solicit info but man has it poured in!!! The suggestions will cost me a fortune but if it makes this pass more comfortably for Dane, I'm all over it.

Comment

So sorry to hear that. I loved watching my son play soccer for 14 years.
                            I broke my own jaw about 20 years ago by falling on a brick paver on my chin at deer camp.
                            (No alcohol involved). But I was knocked smooth out.
                            Wired shut for 9 weeks. I was determined not to lose what little muscle and strength I had.
                            I drank milk shakes with blue bell, Ensure, vitamins and protein powder
                            Actually gained weight and kept working/working out.
                            Yep, carried the wire cutters. Not being able to brush teeth properly
                            Was terrible.
                            He’s young and will rebound quick.
                            He will crave something with a crunch terribly.

Comment

Prayers for stamina and recovery

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                                I can't thank all of you guys that are offering up suggestions here, texting me, PMing me trying to help out. I'm not sure we even need a doctor now given what TBH can offer.

I'm really humbled by the assistance. You folks are so supportive. I can't thank you enough. I really just posted to inform, not solicit info but man has it poured in!!! The suggestions will cost me a fortune but if it makes this pass more comfortably for Dane, I'm all over it.
                                Beer. Beer has protein and other vitamins. Drink from straw. Get him plenty!

Comment

Working...
                                X