Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get better soon.

Comment

Ouch. Makes my mouth hurt! Dane is in my prayers, and I will eat an extra helping of everything in Dane's honor!

Comment

Hate to hear the crap news. I too have broken my jaw. I had a terrible experience getting it healed properly but my break was more of a shatter. I ended up having 3 surgeries and in fixation for 6 weeks after each for a total of 18 weeks.

After the first surgery which was in Austin the hospital or doctor did not give me any guidance on food just told me to have whatever I could suck through a straw. After the second surgery i was given a cookbook for people on blended diets - most of the recipes were not good. I ended up drinking a lot of beef & chicken broth mostly for the flavor. I also ate a lot of broccoli cheese soup run through a blender.

After the first surgery I lost quite a bit of weight. after the second and third surgery I was eating a couple shakes per day with Blue Bell, a bannana, a couple of raw eggs, chocolate syrup and an ensure and I began putting on a little weight.

My doctor didn't wire me shut until after the surgery since at the time i had never been under anesthesia and didn't know if it would make me sick, it was done the next day in his office and I was given a pair of wire cutters in the event I got sick.

For me the pain was not too bad, most people thought it would be. I would get more frustrated over the whole ordeal.

After getting unwired as mentioned above he will probably have some atrophy set in and it will take a little time before being able to eat solid food again but it is good to be able to eat stuff like mashed potatoes again.

Best of luck to the young man and am praying for a full and speedy recovery.

Comment

In our prayers

Comment

Prayers up.

Happened to me in the early 90s (car wreck). Had my teeth wired shut thru Thanksgiving AND Christmas! Went from 205#'s to 165#'s !

Had to carry fancy wirecutters in case of an "emergency".

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I imagine he'll be more irritated about missing playing time as anything. Praying for a full and quick recovery.

Randall Leggett recently went through this, he may have some food recommendations.

Comment

Prayers up for your son. I cannot imagine what he is about to go thru.

Comment

Sorry to see this. Tough kid though. He'll make it fine.

Prayers up it goes smoothly.
                  Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Dadgummit! Prayers sent for a full and speedy recovery for Dane!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Sorry to hear that. I imagine he'll be more irritated about missing playing time as anything. Praying for a full and quick recovery.

Randall Leggett recently went through this, he may have some food recommendations.

Yep. Casey, call or text me with any questions. I went through a lot so I can definitely help. Sucks but he’ll get through it!

Comment

That is no fun at all. Hopeful of a speedy recovery.

Comment

I saw this on Facebook, terrible news for Dane. He'll be back at it in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                            They checked him for a concussion at my and the initial dentist's insistence. Dentist said with the blow he took he likely had one. Nope. No concussion.

Thanks all! We will battle through this. Strong kid with incredible discipline. He'll destroy recovery, I'm certain.

I remember arriving into the hotel at bownanza about 4 years ago to get a call from Dad that they were hauling Kenny off w/ a mild case due to a dirty block going full speed...I don't recall ever seeing an ambulance roll on the field in the years I was playing football.

I'm sure he's bummed to be missing playing time & do hope he bounces back quickly!!

Comment

I can not imagine the pain! Hoping for a quick healing process. I assume Baseball?

Sorry later I saw Soccer
                              Last edited by Big Lee; 04-21-2021, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Ouch! Here's to a quick recovery.

Comment

Working...
                                X