• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you really wanted to plant animals

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
      Yep! My bad. Genuinely interested. Enjoy that grizzly hunt with the ruger 10/22!
      I prefer the .22 cal myself.
      Here's one I developed for elephants
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
        I prefer the .22 cal myself.
        Here's one I developed for elephants

Yup, I'd recognize the .22 earsplitenlöudenboomer anywhere. We used that to kill squirrels in my part of the state. We just like em really really dead and partially cooked!

Comment

Originally posted by yardsale View Post
          Grizzly/Moose keeps my suggestion at 30-06 or 300wm; seems a bit much for coues and javelina, though. Both have lots of off-the-shelf and reloading options. There's no shortage of big game animals being taken with smaller calibers over the last 100yrs, but just because something 'can' be done doesn't mean it 'should' be done. If you can handle the recoil, mitigating risk of wind, elevation, and shot placement isn't a bad thing. That especially goes for expensive guided hunts where one trigger pull is the cost of a F-150. For folks that live and hunt in places their whole life, I'm sure there is familiarity of methods, terrain, and shooting conditions that gives the confidence for lighter calibers.

Exactly how I feel, but he wrote it much more eloquently!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
            Yup, I'd recognize the .22 earsplitenlöudenboomer anywhere. We used that to kill squirrels in my part of the state. We just like em really really dead and partially cooked!
            I have no clue what this is, but it ain't the loudenboomer.
            My dad was personal friends with ole Ack so I'm very familiar with the cartridge.
            That looks nothing like a. 378 unless it's photography magic.
            Friend sent the pic to me awhile back, was just having a little fun

Comment

300wm. That’s what I recommend to my brother when he asked about a gun that’ll take all of North American game.

Comment

Don't really matter as long as it's at least .30 cal and NOT subsonic.

Comment

I could probably get by with my 270 Winchester and handloads, but for a true “all around”, I would have to choose either my 9.3x62 or 9.3x74r.

Comment

7-08 with the proper pills will tackle anything in North America. Heck , the 30-30 is a popular bear gun in the north east.

Comment

30-06 is the most versatile round made....period

Comment

Either a 7mm Rem. Mag or a 30-06, even though I have never been a 30-06 fan, they really are great big game rifles, just not as flat of trajectory as a 7mm Rem. Mag.

Comment

If you are bear and moose hunting with a 270 you are crazy

Comment

Originally posted by meat>horns View Post
                            If you are bear and moose hunting with a 270 you are crazy
                            Ole Jack did it more than once.
                            I always thought he was about a sane as a man could be.
                            Good bullet, through the shoulders, didn't make it 20 .

Comment

7mm-08

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                                My choice too, but then I'm an old guy
                                Old or young its would be a great choice.. and like 308 ammo(great choice too)avai...everyplace...I Am recoil conscious and try to stay away from Belted stuff...I see it causes my accuracy to go downhill with ever shot after about 10 in a row at range Sissy I guess

Comment

Working...
                                X