No announcement yet.

One caliber/gun...for North America?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of you boys are crazy. I ain’t chasing grizzlies with anything less than a 300. Take that off the requirement list and it’s a different ballgame.

Comment

6.5saum and up would be plenty good for me

Comment

Well I'm reading all the posts and it seems to me that alot of you guys aren't actually thinking about the actual question, One gun for ALL of NA. from Javies to Moose and Griz. Don't think I would be going after Javies or Coues deer with a 30 cal you waste too much meat. A big coues deer will weigh around 80lbs. My go to caliber would be a 7mm mag.
        No flaming this is MY opinion.

Comment

30-06/308 on the low end, and 7mm Rem Mag or 300 Win Mag on the upper end.

Comment

A bow.

Next would be my Remington 7mm mag.

Comment

I'm happy to see so many .308 fans on here. I love the round and have used it a bunch in a bunch of different firearms. I have taken some big pigs and a real big red stag with it and didn't feel under gunned.

Comment

300 Win Mag will do it all. Load it with deep penetrating 225 gr bullets to anchor Grizzly or 150 gr bullets to obliterate javelina

If you include brown bear (1,000 to 1,400 lbs) in the conversation, I’m upgrading to a .338 Win Mag. You do not want to be undergunned and PO a brown bear
                Last edited by Cajun Blake; 12-26-2020, 04:34 PM.

Comment

If grizzly and moose are on the list I'd go .338 Win Mag or .375 H
                  &H. Sometimes you need a rifle that will stop them.

Comment

One caliber/gun...for North America?

The lowly .308 is one of my favorite calibers. But for anything elk and larger I want more HP so first choice would be 300 Win Mag with a very close second being the 338 Win Mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Greyman View Post
                      Well I'm reading all the posts and it seems to me that alot of you guys aren't actually thinking about the actual question, One gun for ALL of NA. from Javies to Moose and Griz. Don't think I would be going after Javies or Coues deer with a 30 cal you waste too much meat. A big coues deer will weigh around 80lbs. My go to caliber would be a 7mm mag.
                      No flaming this is MY opinion.
                      Not with a solid copper bullet that holds together. You could have the wrong 7mm bullet do way more damage

Comment

I’ll be the black sheep! My 22-250 is my go to gun for everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

7mm mag for me. Very versatile round.

Comment

30-06 allows versatility from big game to smaller game with selection in grain sizes.

Comment

If ammo was available I’d want my 28 Nosler. If ammo was a problem I’d go with .300 win.

Comment

Probabaly stick with my favorite 7mm Rem mag. Next choice would be a 300 Win mag.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X