No announcement yet.

Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow that water looks amazing! ^^^^ Nice!

Comment

Heading out around lunch tomorrow, hope the wind holds through tomorrow evening so i can wade the surf for a few hours.

Comment

I think it will be good. I’d be more worried about the full moon, the heat and low tide in the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
          Dam 5 days straight and no fish pics, y'all a bunch of slackers
          I haven't logged on this week as we've had a house on Bolivar for the week (my bday was Tuesday). The family we shared the house with has a 21' Nautic Star and we put it to work! I'll see if I can get some pics up soon but we got on a few fish. Took our boys out a couple times (6 and 7 years old) and just myself and the other Dad went out Tuesday. We shut it down at 9am Tuesday as we promised the wives we'd be back by 11am to help out with lunch and spend the day at the beach but it was and EPIC couple hours! Wish we would have been in a redfish tournament, we boxed 4 slot reds over 27", it was unreal. Our smallest red was 26". Ended up with 5 reds in the box and released 3 29-30". Also a dozen trout though they weren't as special, mostly 17-20" fish.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
            I haven't logged on this week as we've had a house on Bolivar for the week (my bday was Tuesday). The family we shared the house with has a 21' Nautic Star and we put it to work! I'll see if I can get some pics up soon but we got on a few fish. Took our boys out a couple times (6 and 7 years old) and just myself and the other Dad went out Tuesday. We shut it down at 9am Tuesday as we promised the wives we'd be back by 11am to help out with lunch and spend the day at the beach but it was and EPIC couple hours! Wish we would have been in a redfish tournament, we boxed 4 slot reds over 27", it was unreal. Our smallest red was 26". Ended up with 5 reds in the box and released 3 29-30". Also a dozen trout though they weren't as special, mostly 17-20" fish.

Excellent!

Comment

Pixels
              Attached Files

Comment

The bull in the last pic was 36" and 17lbs according to the boga. Caught on a 2500 spinning reel and 7' med/light rod with 20lb windtamer and 20lb flouro leader, that was a fun fight!

Comment

Congrats TMurray!

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                    Pixels
                    Man that's good stuff!! Nothing like being on the water with family and the kiddos! Thank you for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      Man that's good stuff!! Nothing like being on the water with family and the kiddos! Thank you for sharing!
                      Yessir, good times were had by all. My buddy got go pro footage of my boy trying to reel in a 26” red. I need to get my hands on it.

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Well the surf was a rip off this morning. Wind is blasting out of the west. Probably gusting to 14-15. Surf is dirty and rough. They didn’t forecast this wind. I was expecting a light e or se. I got up at 2 to fish this full moon. Oh well been a while since she’s fooled me.

Comment

All the weather is saying due south right now. Wonder where that West is coming from?

Comment

Well, I guess this was a time that adulting paid off. Saved me from getting up at 1AM to make to 2+ the drive to crappy conditions.

Comment

Fished yesterday morning. POC area before the rain and wind hit.

Water was CLEAN!!! Waist deep and could see the bottom. Sand and grass mix. All dink’s except for 1 18” trout and 1 16” flounder.

Light colored rat tails worked as good as paddle tails.

Comment

Working...
                                X