Best SxS for mud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
    I must be the only one who hates Argos. They are slow, jerky, and get stuck in mud quicker than a minivan. They excel in water....that's about it. High center like crazy in rutted out fields and have no power and no speed.
    And not to mention that they are very loud.

Comment

For the price if used is okay..Straight up UTV just for use in mud I’d get another Yammy Viking if they make them still. Not real comfortable on the road or lease or se, it’s loud too. I had a 14’ and that thing would tear up the flooded rice fields when I used it for goose hunting. It ran circles around the Rangers and four wheelers with long hauls out to the fields with people and gear. Plenty of clearance/aggressive off the showroom floor from the factory.

It’s just the 3 person (front seat) but gear and/or people could ride in the bed. I sold it to my elderly neighbor a few years ago and all he’s used it for was to pull around his manure spreader for his horses. He’s selling it in the next couple of weeks since he’s selling his house and moving off to Florida, wife passed away last month. He doesn’t have a price but I know what I sold it to him for and the shape it’s in if you want me to ask him. It’s wrapped in Lone Star beer camo, same camo they use every year during dove season on cases of beer. Told my wife a couple weeks back I’d buy it back just to have it for back up at the lease because it was a solid machine but just ordered a CanAm from Justin last week so can’t have both.

Comment

Best SxS for mud

Originally posted by Texashookset View Post
        For the price if used is okay..Straight up UTV just for use in mud I’d get another Yammy Viking if they make them still. Not real comfortable on the road or lease or se, it’s loud too. I had a 14’ and that thing would tear up the flooded rice fields when I used it for goose hunting. It ran circles around the Rangers and four wheelers with long hauls out to the fields with people and gear. Plenty of clearance/aggressive off the showroom floor from the factory.

It’s just the 3 person (front seat) but gear and/or people could ride in the bed. I sold it to my elderly neighbor a few years ago and all he’s used it for was to pull around his manure spreader for his horses. He’s selling it in the next couple of weeks since he’s selling his house and moving off to Florida, wife passed away last month. He doesn’t have a price but I know what I sold it to him for and the shape it’s in if you want me to ask him. It’s wrapped in Lone Star beer camo, same camo they use every year during dove season on cases of beer. Told my wife a couple weeks back I’d buy it back just to have it for back up at the lease because it was a solid machine but just ordered a CanAm from Justin last week so can’t have both.

I’m not saying the Viking is the ride for his needs- numerous options that will all pretty much work, but will add that I’m extremely happy with mine on 27’s.
        The low gear in the Viking is more like a medium and will take it to a higher speed than the low in my Ranger would. You can drive around all day jn low at the lease without feeling like you’re winding it out. I only use high for the longer stretches.
        A rear 2” lift was a must due to the squishy shocks they come with.
        They do sell a 6 seater, but they always looked long and low to me.

As far as the mule pro- they are limited slip in the front, no locker. Not a problem for normal use, might become a thing in what you are describing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
          I’m not saying the Viking is the ride for his needs- numerous options that will all pretty much work, but will add that I’m extremely happy with mine on 27’s.
          The low gear in the Viking is more like a medium and will take it to a higher speed than the low in my Ranger would. You can drive around all day jn low at the lease without feeling like you’re winding it out. I only use high for the longer stretches.

As far as the mule pro- they are limited slip in the front, no locker. Not a problem for normal use, might become a thing in what you are describing.

Our duck club is probably 60/40 rangers to defenders and its trending defender as people get more experience with them. in total there are probably 20 buggies down each weekend. Only onr Pro FXT that I know of and its a great ride but really struggles in the mud, especially if trying to exit a large deep pond and you have to climb a levee. It really needs a locking from diff. The Defenders are much quieter on average.

Our club is mostly flooded ponds with some flooded ag fields. We have marsh area but that is no mans land bottomless pit.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post

I just got out of a FXT Pro a couple of years ago, bought it after I sold the Yammy and my goose huntin days behind me. The most comfortable ride out there easily but not near the torque to run through that kind of mud. At least mine couldn’t.

Comment

I swapped to a defender from Polaris and it was a great decision.
              We have a corporate deal with an outfitter that runs multiple groups every day of season and they swapped from Polaris to Can am as well and said they can’t break the things and they were always having buggies down with the rangers.

Comment

I do like my Viking. And, I will buy another one when the time comes.

No rear seats on mine. I don't care for the longer SxS's.

Comment

Don’t think we have ever spun a tire and you don’t get any mud on you.

Comment

My neighbor is selling his ARGO. It only has 48 hours and 136 miles. Pm me and ill get pictures to you if your interested. I think he is asking 7K.
                    Last edited by Huggybear; 09-29-2022, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Well, I’ve ruled out the fxt,,,I was hoping to get better reviews on it because I liked it for the neighborhood and family.

Huggybear pm sent

Comment

Argo is what I would get .

Comment

Love my mule but if I was going to be in much water very often I would go Pioneer as it’s the only one without a belt to get wet and slip.

Comment

Can Am Defender Max XMR!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                              Can Am Defender Max XMR!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                              This also gets my vote!

Comment

Working...
                              X