Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
    Man that’s awesome!! Great story too.

Definitely update us when you get him scored and ranked!!!

I most definitely will let you all know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What a great looking Buck.....Congrats!!!

Comment

Very nice blacktail, congrats!

Comment

That's unreal! I've never seen one even close. Congrats

Comment

What a cool story. Stalking in on a buck of that size has to be an insane adrenaline rush.

Congratulations on an incredible buck

Comment

Beauty congrats

Comment

Beyond awesome! Congrats brother, that is a once in a lifetime BT buck right there! Out of curiosity, how was he “being destructive”? Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Congrats! These pics are floating all over the Washington blacktail page.

Comment

Originally posted by Boyd1212 View Post
                    Congrats! These pics are floating all over the Washington blacktail page.

Hmmm. Which page as I haven’t posted them there.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlwind View Post
                      Hmmm. Which page as I haven’t posted them there.

I’d have to find them again. I know I seen your post on Bowhunters of America and then I seen screen shots of your post pop up on a few of the Washington hunting pages.

Comment

Thank you everyone. This will be my first animal that I will enter into Pope and Young for sure. Word is he has a true chance of being number 1 for being a true Western blacktail. He for sure will be number 2.

Fantastic, that’s a great buck and a huge bonus to have him rank that high.

Comment

Originally posted by keep View Post
                          Fantastic, that’s a great buck and a huge bonus to have him rank that high.

60 day drying period so a lot can happen though. I heard antlers can shrink a lot during that time. Right now though rough estimate is in the 157”-163” range.

Comment

Stud of a blacktail! I lived in Oregon after college 20 years ago and made fun of the people hunting them claiming a 3by3 was a good deer, and still shake my head for my ignorance. They all wanted to come to Texas to shoot deer on my lease, and I didn't understand why until many years later.

Comment

Originally posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
                              Stud of a blacktail! I lived in Oregon after college 20 years ago and made fun of the people hunting them claiming a 3by3 was a good deer, and still shake my head for my ignorance. They all wanted to come to Texas to shoot deer on my lease, and I didn't understand why until many years later.

They don’t get the name Grey Ghost for being easy. Honestly a 2x2 can be hard to come by some years.

Comment

60 day drying period so a lot can happen though. I heard antlers can shrink a lot during that time. Right now though rough estimate is in the 157”-163” range.

My caribou, elk and moose didn’t shrink much as I expected. Skulls have hung pretty tight to the green score for me too.
                                I have always wondered if the measurement holds tighter the further they are from velvet.

Comment

Working...
                                X