No announcement yet.

2019 APR TBH Special Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultra light with a couple different stock options.

Comment

How big a wrench would a min saami no turn 220 Russian repeater mess up the works??

Sorry...

Comment

My vote is if we go light this year, plan to go heavy next year...

If some things fall into place I might be in... But I can't start counting chickens

Comment

Need to start saving pennies now, I’m in for an UltraLight build.

Comment

I would like a light weight mountain rifle. Right now, my lightweight rifle is 12lbs.
            Probably stick with 6.5 SAUM if you can do a magnum action.

Comment

Add me to the list for an ultralight.
              Moch up photo even looks great.
              Any idea on pricing as pictured?

Comment

I'd be interested in the heavy

Comment

Since I already have a light weight carbon fiber build, I'd be more interested in a heavy build. Honestly I'm still kicking myself for not getting in on last years build as it's perfect. Oh well. That said if the decision is made to go light weight I might be interested in it too but I'm pretty sure it will be out of my price range. Carbon fiber builds aren't cheap at all.

Heck how about another build similar to last years. More of an all around hunting rifle, maybe just change up the stock and obviously go with y'all new action. Seems there was a lot of us that missed it. Seems like the all around rifle would be more appealing to a bigger group. Just an idea. I'll see what the group decides and go from there.
                  Last edited by ColinR; 12-12-2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                    I would like a light weight mountain rifle. Right now, my lightweight rifle is 12lbs.
                    Probably stick with 6.5 SAUM if you can do a magnum action.

The SAUM thing brings up a good point Jake. About the only issue I have seen with the Hunter and G2 actions design is the ability to accommodate the longer rounds for a particular action. The old saying about everything being a compromise is true in this case.

So the good: you get controlled round feed + mechanical ejector = super reliable feeding and ejecting.

The Bad: That mechanical ejector sits at the back of the mag well in the same area you would need to machine out to install a wyatt's mag box to accommodate longer rounds.

The bottom line: I have played around with running a wyatt's in them and can make it work. But it comes at the cost of positive ejection. By the time you trim the ejector back enough to work with the Wyatt's box, the empty cases will just barely clear the the port. You have to run the bolt with purpose to make it 100% reliable. I feel like the SAUM would certainly stand a better chance of running in an unmodified mag box as compared to the PRC.

I also think some of the RUMs would have the same issue in the Long action versions. The Nosler rounds may be better suited for these builds. We are playing with a PRC on a long action now. It seems it may be worth taking the 1/2" penalty without any of the feed/ejection issues of trying to make it work in the short.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      How big a wrench would a min saami no turn 220 Russian repeater mess up the works??

Sorry...

Comment

I'll vote for something more similar to the last TBH Special. All that carbon fiber looks expensive!

Comment

so far
                          light = 13
                          Heavy = 3

Comment

I'm in...would prefer heavy but good with whatever

Comment

You know my vote and you dang near nailed it in the pic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ScottFW View Post
                                I'll vote for something more similar to the last TBH Special. All that carbon fiber looks expensive!
                                It normally would be....but we kinda got the hookup on this one

Comment

Working...
                                X