Red Fish on the Half Shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Fish on the Half Shell

Just landed some nice redfish and going to cook them on the half shell...Any creative ideas or receipts that would really set this meal off?

Blackened or with rosemary, salt, pepper, and lemon slices (my favorite!). I'm jealous -enjoy!

Comment

Tony C's with rosemary and any citrus fruit is great also.

Comment

Season to taste on the shell and then top with a solid layer of minced garlic. You wont regret it!

Comment

I use worcesteshire, texjoy, garlic powder, and black pepper. Medium to medium-high heat for about 20 mins.

Comment

coat with a health layer of pesto then sundried tomatoes and sprinkle with pepperjack and parm cheese toast some pinenuts and top her off after you take it off the grill. this is to DINE for!

Comment

Here is my recipe.

Dust the fish with a coat of Rajin Blaze seasoning.
              1 stick of butter
              2 -3 TBS of Lea & Perrins (to taste)
              1-2 gloves of garlic pressed thru a press. (or just smash it good)
              1/4 - 1/2 cup Wishbone Italian dressing

Simmer until butter is melted and all ingredients are blended well.
              Baste fish as you cook it.

C'est Bon !

Comment

Italian dressing, Toney's and cover with Pico. My favorite way to grill it on the half shell.

Comment

Italian dressing and mustard 3:1
                  In a ziploc and let set in refer for 30-1hour. Meat side down first for 3-5 or a few more for bigger fillets. Then skin side for 7-10, light sprinkle of Tony's. Done.

Comment

Some sort of Cajun seasoning. Melt some butter, add some garlic powder in it squeeze a few lemons in it, a little bit of salt and some coarse ground pepper. Ill also add a little finely chopped cilantro. Pour half the mixture on the filets. Put it in the fridge for about 15 min. Slice a few tomatoes and lemons and lay them on the filets. I usually smoke mine but I assume they could be baked this way too. BBQ = BEER

Comment

brush lightly with olive oil
                      sprinkle with cajun seasoning.
                      squeeze fresh lemon over meat
                      put over mesquite coals and smoke for 20 minutes....

Comment

When I do some Redfish on a half shell I take my fillets with skin and scales still on and smother them with a little ranch dressing. Next I rub it in a little then I sprinkle on some Tony Sasheries Cajun seasoning. And for the kicker and some texture I put French's Fried Onions on top. Heat up your grill. I use a Webber so I get my coals going while I am preparing my fish. When the coals are ready put a couple of fillets scales side down and don't touch. I leave them on for 12-15 minutes with the lid on. I also add some hickory chips for some good smoke flavor. They come out perfect. Note: It might sound weird to put ranch on fish but it cooks off kinda like mustard on ribs before adding rub. Just makes everything stick. Give it a shot and tell me what you think. It's a big hit with my family when I get down to the coast and catch me some fish. Enjoy!

Comment

I aye some this weekend nothing fancy to it ..season of choice...I melted butter and garlic powder lathered it on then blaze on top. Throw it on the grill scales down. Do not flip when you can put a fork in the thick part and twist meat its done...do not over cook

Comment

Best Redfish Candy Ever!!!!

2 - Redfish on the halfshell
                            1/2 c brown/turbinado sugar
                            1/4 c lemon pepper
                            2T Cajun Seasoning
                            1/2 stick cream cheese
                            1 stick butter
                            Foil

Take Red halfshells and place scale-down on foil and double wrap foil and create a small boat big enough to fit them in. Take brown sugar, lemon pepper and seasoning and spread across the meat side of the fish. Thinly slice cream cheese and evenly place across filets. Then slice butter and place evenly across filets. Grill 15 mins at 350-375 for 20-24" dish or 20 mins for larger fish. Fish is properly cooked when you place finger in middle of thickest filet and it flakes instead of sticking together.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                              Here is my recipe.

Dust the fish with a coat of Rajin Blaze seasoning.
                              1 stick of butter
                              2 -3 TBS of Lea & Perrins (to taste)
                              1-2 gloves of garlic pressed thru a press. (or just smash it good)
                              1/4 - 1/2 cup Wishbone Italian dressing

Simmer until butter is melted and all ingredients are blended well.
                              Baste fish as you cook it.

C'est Bon !

I remember having this on some cobia we caught. I’ve got some redfish on the half shell in the fridge ready to go on the grill tonight. Came on here to get some ideas and came across this one. Lookin forward to dinner!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X