Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
    How so?
    If your into drag racing get the 6.2. I had the 5.3 and this 3.0 blows it out the water. The 3.0 has plenty of get up and go. The good thing is It's making all of It's torque at 1600 RPM. This 3.0 is crawling at 1700 RPM at 80 MPH. The 6.2 makes the same amount at 4200 RPM. So hands down the 3.0 better pulling power going down the road. I got over 600 miles out of a tank of fuel the last time I went to the lease. That's a 25 gallon tank. That's driving 80 MPH. And yes I own one!
    Last edited by Johnson; 09-25-2022, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
      2023 model? I saw where the new ones added 25 more HP. Is that the 3.0 or the 2.7? Buddy got his 2022 in April and needless to say it crushes his old tundra in mileage.
      2.7 and prior 3.0 different animals. New 3.0 is upgraded from prior 3.0

Comment

Originally posted by Johnson View Post
        If your into drag racing get the 6.2. I had the 5.3 and this 3.0 blows it out the water. The 3.0 has plenty of get up and go. The good thing is It's making all of It's torque at 1600 RPM. This 3.0 is crawling at 1700 RPM at 80 MPH. The 6.2 makes the same amount at 4200 RPM. So hands down the 3.0 better pulling power going down the road. I got over 600 miles out of a tank of fuel the last time I went to the lease. That's a 25 gallon tank. That's driving 80 MPH. And yes I own one!
        The 5.3 outruns it as well…
        Considering that diesel costs about a $1.50 more than gas a gallon, even the the better fuel efficiency of the diesel doesn’t give it much of an edge over the 5.3 in actual dollars spent on fuel. Not to mention the higher cost of maintenance of the diesel.
        The 5.3 also doesn’t require jerking the transmission out at 150k to have some belt replaced.
        So, tell me again how does the 3.0 “blow it out of the water”?

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
          2023 model? I saw where the new ones added 25 more HP. Is that the 3.0 or the 2.7? Buddy got his 2022 in April and needless to say it crushes his old tundra in mileage.

I am interested in the 2023 3.0L Duramax, this is an updated version of the 2019-2022 year model LM2, with a new order code of LZ0.

The 2.7L I am referring to is their new turbo gas engine. Supposedly it has crazy HP and torque numbers for such a small engine. I really don't see me going that route.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
            The 5.3 outruns it as well…
            Considering that diesel costs about a $1.50 more than gas a gallon, even the the better fuel efficiency of the diesel doesn’t give it much of an edge over the 5.3 in actual dollars spent on fuel. Not to mention the higher cost of maintenance of the diesel.
            The 5.3 also doesn’t require jerking the transmission out at 150k to have some belt replaced.
            So, tell me again how does the 3.0 “blow it out of the water”?
            Drive both of them and pull a load with both of them. 3.0 is the better all around option. 3.0 has plenty of get up and go. Actually it feel like it has more horse power then it has. If you drive 80MPH in a 5.3 your fuel mileage goes way down like only getting 15-17 miles per gallon if your lucky. The 5.3 is a great engine with plenty power for a half ton.
            Last edited by Johnson; 09-26-2022, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X