No announcement yet.

Any car dealers not playing games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had luck with Don McGill in west Houston. Bought two cars from them.

Comment

I get a kick out of people who think their trade in being up $10,000 is normal but still think they are being ripped off if the dealer doesn't discount the new vehicle as well. I don't care if the dealership adds $2500 over sticker. If that isn't the market value for the vehicle I am looking for I don't buy from them. I am not mad at them. I just continue to shop.

Comment

I'm waiting on a Tundra from Classic in Tyler. Ordered it August 1st with a $3k "add on" deal. They throw in weather tech floor mats and some other stuff but not near $3k worth. At least they tell you it's their mark up. They don't try to hide it. I should have it by November is what they are saying. We'll see. Palestine Toyota wanted $6,500 over sticker on a Tundra. Nothing included with it just a market adjustment. Crazy.
        I don't see the Toyota market changing much for probably another year. They have most trucks presold with every allocation the dealers get. You might get lucky and get what you want if someone else backs out on a deal but it will most likely have a market adjustment added on. The bigger dealerships in Dallas and Houston might have the better deals since they get more vehicles allocated to them.

Comment

If you guys would stop buying them the prices would drop

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
            I'm 76 years old. I trust auto dealers about as much as I trust a big morning fart.
            True wisdom to live by.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
              If you guys would stop buying them the prices would drop
              Never going to happen. People just roll with the flow and think it’s the new normal and eaten up with stupidity only hurting ourselves. Look at the housing and land sales it’s crazy.

Comment

Working...
              X