No announcement yet.

Any car dealers not playing games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was curious if dealers were feeling pressure to discount prices again due to rising interest rates??

Is anyone seeing this, or are they still playing out the supply chain story?

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
      5 Star Ford in North Richland Hills - MSRP no add on's.
      I will also add South West Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Cleburne. We purchased a Grand Cheorkee L for 3K under MSRP, now they did try to add 4K for extra warranty but I had that taken off.

Comment

I did my deal on my wife's new Honda strictly though car gurus. Told them to text or email, if they called I didn't do business with them. Almost everyone had the market adjustment and wouldn't budge, but I found Howdy Honda in Austin and they worked with me. Drove from Houston and was in and out within an hour or so. Car Guru is great as you can set the radius search up to whatever you want.

Comment

I am betting on auto prices dropping quickly over the next 10 months. Just keep limping my truck along until deals get better.
          I think auto prices could be down 10% by this December.

Time will tell

Comment

I went to buy a Genesis GV 70… picked out what I wanted…was mad at myself for paying sticker price and they hit me with a $7500 market adjustment….I said I’m not paying that…he said it’s non negotiable…I got up and they said…WELL BYE…..Almost like in Tomstone…
            Said they would have it sold within 24 hours……

I might try luck in Toyota now…for a Highlander

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
              I went to buy a Genesis GV 70… picked out what I wanted…was mad at myself for paying sticker price and they hit me with a $7500 market adjustment….I said I’m not paying that…he said it’s non negotiable…I got up and they said…WELL BYE…..Almost like in Tomstone…

Same thing happened to me yesterday on a Hyundai. Oh no sir! Guess I’ll keep what I got. Eff em

Comment

Hearing stories like this blows my mind. But I always have to remind myself that they wouldn't do it if it didn't work.

Comment

I read a story like this yesterday. A couple got to the finance office and the add on charges started getting piled on. They said they would walk and the finance manager said go ahead...they have people beating down the door to buy cars. Said they left and the dealership has called them 4 or 5 times trying to get them back in to buy the car.

Comment

Dallas Dodge.

Said no one ever��

Comment

Don't be afraid to go out of state.

Heck I flew to New York to get a deal on a Silverado a few months ago.

Comment

We are firm Kia buyers/owners now. On our 2nd and daughter has one as well. Bob Utter Kia in Sherman has been good to us. Holiday ford in Whitesboro was good on truck deals but no idea how it is now, Johnny Lee Godsey is who we've always dealt with local guy and knows everybody

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                          I'm 76 years old. I trust auto dealers about as much as I trust a big morning fart.

Comment

Originally posted by SFZack View Post
                            Don't be afraid to go out of state.

Heck I flew to New York to get a deal on a Silverado a few months ago.
                            Just wouldn't advise buying a preowned one from up there....I'm dealing with that now with my Silverado from NY - Just replaced wheel berrings due to sitting in snow probably and the rust is horrible underneath when you get to trying to replace parts and remove bolts and parts. Just did the shocks too on a 2017 and it was not nearly as fast as it should have been...my knuckles are still screaming at me

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                              Same thing happened to me yesterday on a Hyundai. Oh no sir! Guess I’ll keep what I got. Eff em
                              Yeah…Genesisi is Hyundai luxury brand…..

That Genesis is awesome…but I ain’t paying it…..

This Pandemic and supply chain is making car dealers RICH !

It used to be so easy to get 10-15% off sticker price….

Pushing 200k miles on her Cayenne …..gonna have to find used maybe

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                                I'm 76 years old. I trust auto dealers about as much as I trust a big morning fart.
                                You can judge a man by the way he farts and the timing of said fart. Thus they may be deemed somewhat trustworthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X