Any car dealers not playing games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    If you can wait for a few months and dealerships and salesmen are getting hungry you can be the one playing games
    Not gonna happen in a couple months, if ever. Dealers have the upper hand and will for quite awhile. Too many people hungry for new rides and willing to pay. Dealers and manufactures will slow play this to maximize their profits.

Comment

Originally posted by FowlTrouble View Post
      Not gonna happen in a couple months, if ever. Dealers have the upper hand and will for quite awhile. Too many people hungry for new rides and willing to pay. Dealers and manufactures will slow play this to maximize their profits.
      Good point, but they all want to keep the plants running to line their pockets. Once the demand drops, the prices will too. It just might take a while.

Comment

Disagree, feds keep pushing rates like they are and folks will cool the buying. Deals will be had again soon.

Comment

When will GM start selling the stockpile in Midlothian?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
            Same in temple, ordered a maverick yesterday. Msrp plus ttl
            I ordered the Base Maverick in July. XL with no fluff. Got notice yesterday it was being built. This Truck should pay for itself if I can keep it rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
              Since when was the “sticker price” a good deal?
              Since new vehicles are scarce?

To be honest, sticker price isn't a good deal. However, used vehicles and trade-ins values are at all time highs.

We literally just traded in a 2017 Ford Escape (low miles) for $600 more than what we paid outright for the vehicle 3 years ago. We did pay "sticker" for the new vehicle that we ordered and waited on for almost 5 months.

The deal is, car dealerships have been ripping people off for decades. Afterall, they are the middle man and have to make money somehow in the equation. Back when new vehicles were plentiful and incentives to buy were high, trade-in values were terrible. In our situation, we probably received a good $5K more on trade-in than we would have with a similar vehicle a few years ago. Obviously, that nice little trade-in bump offset the "sticker" price of the new.

It's all a game. What used to be under "sticker" price was offset by a terrible used market value. Best bet is to not buy a vehicle if you don't need one. I don't recall vehicles ever being an investment savy purchase.

Comment

Classic autodealers in Galveston (Toyota, Honda. Ford). No add one and no markups.

Comment

agreed.

I believe it will bust eventually. But Im afraid by then the interest rates will be high as a cats ace

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                    Good point, but they all want to keep the plants running to line their pockets. Once the demand drops, the prices will too. It just might take a while.
                    Won't be as long as you think, with interest rates climbing!!!

BUT then again, Most people are stupid and will keep paying these prices.

Some people think they NEED a new vehicle, most are just wants

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post

To be honest, sticker price isn't a good deal. However, used vehicles and trade-ins values are at all time highs.

We literally just traded in a 2017 Ford Escape (low miles) for $600 more than what we paid outright for the vehicle 3 years ago. We did pay "sticker" for the new vehicle that we ordered and waited on for almost 5 months.

The deal is, car dealerships have been ripping people off for decades. Afterall, they are the middle man and have to make money somehow in the equation. Back when new vehicles were plentiful and incentives to buy were high, trade-in values were terrible. In our situation, we probably received a good $5K more on trade-in than we would have with a similar vehicle a few years ago. Obviously, that nice little trade-in bump offset the "sticker" price of the new.

It's all a game. What used to be under "sticker" price was offset by a terrible used market value. Best bet is to not buy a vehicle if you don't need one. I don't recall vehicles ever being an investment savy purchase.
                      Nothing that depreciates is ever an investment!

Pay higher on trade in and now paying more at dealership.

its a crock of Shet

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post

It all depends on what you have to offer on a trade in! Last November I traded in my 2016 f350 on a stupid gmc 1500 at4 ( big mistake). I knew what I would take for my truck and would not take .01 less. The ( sticker on the new truck was $62k)! I had to do the walk out routine a half of dozen times but I got what I wanted for my truck and purchased the new truck for 57k and without all of the add ons- the add ons were there but I fought them every step of the way and didn’t give in. I can’t stand going to a dealership much less spending 3 hours there haggling but if that’s what it takes I’ll do it.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                          Won't be as long as you think, with interest rates climbing!!!

BUT then again, Most people are stupid and will keep paying these prices.

Some people think they NEED a new vehicle, most are just wants
                          When most people only care what their payment is, not sure it’s going to matter. Lenders will just tack on more years to get payments where people want them. Hell, they’ve been financing boats on 20yr terms for some time now. Insanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                            It all depends on what you have to offer on a trade in! Last November I traded in my 2016 f350 on a stupid gmc 1500 at4 ( big mistake). I knew what I would take for my truck and would not take .01 less. The ( sticker on the new truck was $62k)! I had to do the walk out routine a half of dozen times but I got what I wanted for my truck and purchased the new truck for 57k and without all of the add ons- the add ons were there but I fought them every step of the way and didn’t give in. I can’t stand going to a dealership much less spending 3 hours there haggling but if that’s what it takes I’ll do it.
                            Heck yeah! Don't settle

I woulda said I got a check for this much. Take it or leave it. Then walk out

Comment

Call Classic Chevrolet in Beaumont and ask specifically for Dustin Wilburn. 409-407-5214
                              Tell him Ryan Scott sent you

Comment

I'm 76 years old. I trust auto dealers about as much as I trust a big morning fart.

Comment

Working...
                                X