East Texas Fall Plots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radar View Post
    I have used Sledgehammer but when it comes to several acres needing treated it was not cost effective. Target6 is 110.00 for 2.5 gallons and will do several acres twice a year. It will also kill the heck out of pigweed and dallis grass.
    That’s good info about the pigweed. I have some in one plot that must have came with some IC peas that I planted. It has been tough to get rid of. I smoked it with gly and Butyrac earlier but we had some rain and I just sprayed the seedlings again Monday with gly. I hate pigweed, it must have ten thousand seeds per weed !

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
      Most of my stuff is turned over, just waiting on rain now.
      Me too

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I disced everything, it was a dust bowl. Gonna wait on rain in the forecast until we plant. May wait til the second weekend of Oct

Comment

Plots will be planted on Monday. Should get a little rain by next weekend. My only worry is hogs n the plot, but with acorns on the ground, maybe not.

Comment

Someone do a rain dance

Comment

I planted Newton co this weekend. Tilled it in in. I think we should be good that Far East. I’m going to wait a while before I plant in trinity and Houston co

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Planted two small plots with clover and chickory on the 17th and the 24th. Rather than wait for rain, I've been spraying the seedbeds with water at night using the sprayer on the utv. Nothing up yet but we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                  Anyone have any suggestions on what blend I could plant now that would give them nutrition all that way untill mid summer? I know some clovers mature at different times.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
                  Check out “Buck Buster” blend . A regular and premium blend are available, both are very good and handle browse pressure very well. Dress it over with Winter Wheat.

Comment

Plowed and planted today. Tilled or pressed the seed into the dirt, just need rain

Comment

East Texas Seed Company NRCS Soil Health Blend

Anyone have any experience with this blend from East Texas Seed company? I spoke with Andy and Chandler down there a while back about it. Seems like its geared as a cover crop but could definitely be beneficial as a food plot mix. Not sure of percentages of the seeds though, but leaning toward this as my mix this fall if rain is ever forecasted again.

Comment

I’m planting this East Texas Seed Blend this fall. Plan to add more Crimson Clover, Purple Top Turnips and Elbon Rye.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Finally a little bit of rain in the forecast for next week. I think I'll try to get some seed in the ground Saturday. Im wanting to plant that same blend as in the previous post but since it's already into the season would there be something else that would be better to hunt over quicker?

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Comment

Broke up @2 acres back during August rains.
                            Broke up a couple more times since then until the clods became powder.
                            Put 100# Austrian Winter Peas, 200# Wheat and drug a homemade harrow enough to cover my seed and level the plot.
                            Topdressed 2# Purple Top Turnips for me.
                            I'll go back and Topdress fertilizer later if it rainsenough later.

Comment

Going to plant about 4 acres (two 2 acre plots) mon or Tues. Calling for rain Wed and Thurs. Ground was sprayed in early Sept and disced last week.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

Comment

Got all mine disked. Hoping to plant early next week if decent rain chances are still there. It is so dang dry now

Comment

Working...
                                X