No announcement yet.

Small town festivals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growing up in Hallettville, the church picnics, Shiner Half Moon Holidays, Yoakum Tom Tom, Schulenburg Festival, Gonzales Come and Take It, Goliad Longhorn Stampede (no longer held).

Comment

This thread has inspired me. I’m going to look up the dates & places all those small town festivals I’ve been saying I’m going to go to for years, and go to at least one!

Thanks, OP, for getting the conversation going.

Comment

October 6-8: Peanut Festival-Floresville

Comment

Holland has the cornfest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Does Jacksonville still have the tomato festival and tomato fight?

Comment

Mission (Home of the Grapefruit) has the Texas Citrus Fiesta every January. It includes a product costume style show for the ladies, a parade for the kids & low riders, crafts & citrus exhibits along with some kinds of music, but admittedly not much for the guys. I think Mission has also started having a butterfly festival every October, but I've never been. Don't know much about that one.

Comment

You must hide that Biden sticker good when you go to the oatmeal fest!

That and the Bluebonnet festival is where we try to attend every year.

Comment

Originally posted by TKC View Post
                  I grew up in Weatherford and always loved that one. Also, always enjoyed the trail ride from mineral wells to the Parker county rodeo grounds.

Large quantities of homemade peach wine with large females can lead to very questionable decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Large quantities of homemade peach wine with large females can lead to very questionable decisions.

Dale, personal experience?

Comment

Originally posted by DosToros View Post
                      Fulton Oysterfest has been really fun. This year it was just packed though. Still fun but hopefully they expand it in the future to make more room.
                      Awesome event but might be different this year as oystering is banned from the bays here now. Last fest was very full but they had to import the oysters, so not sure about this year.
                      Don't forget about LaMardi Gras

Comment

Think I will pass on this one

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                          This thread has inspired me. I’m going to look up the dates & places all those small town festivals I’ve been saying I’m going to go to for years, and go to at least one!

Thanks, OP, for getting the conversation going.
                          Uvalde - Palomino Fest is this coming weekend. I’ll be there fishing with the kids. See you there SDC.

Comment

Sometimes go to fair on the square in Huntsville

Comment

Lavender festival in Blanco, in June I believe. Good times can be found in and around Blanco.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KY2TX View Post
                                Greenwood Fall Festival
                                Still small enough to not be overwhelming, good music and food. Can let the kids run the street with no worries. [Greenwood/ wise county] Always has good live music to end the night
                                You win for the "Smallest Town" festival.

Comment

Working...
                                X