No announcement yet.

Texas Tuna Safaris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first time I went yft fishing we stopped to catch bait. I was worried that we didn't have enough. By the time tuna #5 came on board I was hoping we were out of bait. If I didn't move my arms my biceps would cramp up. I learned a lot about using your legs more and arms less on that trip.

Comment

I wonder if a gallon of shucked oysters and a pound of minnows would last 56hrs on a boat?

Comment

Slew. I’m thinking of bringing a sack next trip.

Comment

Originally posted by slew View Post
          i wonder if a gallon of shucked oysters and a pound of minnows would last 56hrs on a boat?

son!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
            I wonder if a gallon of shucked oysters and a pound of minnows would last 56hrs on a boat?
            You have peaked my interest…

I am down if y’all need a spot to fill.

Comment

You know we are in!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                Slew. I’m thinking of bringing a sack next trip.
                They don’t have any way to cook on the boat though right? If they did I could eat chargrilled oysters for 56 hours straight!

I got a quart on our trip duck hunting in January down there and they were gone in 2 days eating them myself! Would need at least a gallon for 56 hours with other peeps!! Couple boxes of saltines. Catsup. Horseradish. Lee and Perrin and some lemons I think I could survive a long weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
                  You know we are in!
                  That was an incredible fish!

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd love to get one one of my boys on their with me, but ain't no telling what the situation would be next year with both of them...for different reasons.

Comment

Texas - we got a lot to be proud of here right at home! We can fish pelagics as well as any other of our coasts - some trips when we look for swordfish and makos, we hit 600lb class game out there - our same crew.

The experience - living like a team and living the dream - it's a world with no barriers except our own limitations.

As a Team - we can literally take on what we focus on - backing it with gear to cover.

Comment

AHI Poke

Smoked tuna

AHI Jerky

Swordfish

Wahoo

Mahi

Tuna & Wahoo poke

Wahoo

Canned AHI

Comment

Skloss tuna tracker is under 100 days for this trip! Spooling up some rods in the shop! Will 50yds of 12lb Floro work or should I step up to 20lb braid? I’ve got 1/4oz Slab Syndicate jigs with number 2 mustard steelhead hooks so I should be good to go! Do they sell minnow at dolphin docks or should I bring my own? Any other gear to be on the lookout for?

Comment

Is this booked? Where do I send my money to get in on the trip!?

Comment

Glen - Did you ever buy the two trips for later this year?

Comment

Slew. Slip bobber on that set up and your good to go-

Tim I didn’t call and get another trip- I’ve actually been real busy believe it or not. Also been fishing/working on a sport boat some. Next time I’m on the Island I’ll stop in

Comment

Working...
                                X