Marlin 336 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marlin 336 issues

I got a brand new marlin 30-30 recently, I shot it for the first time today and it is hitting a foot to the right at 50 yards out of the box. The guy behind the counter at trinity armory in Cleveland moved the front site over but it looks ridiculous almost off the side of the barrel, I asked if he would move the back site because it didn’t look straight to me and he first said it wouldn’t move and then another guy behind the counter said that you move the front not the back. I’m not real experienced when it comes to this stuff but it doesn’t look right and can’t belive it’s that far off out of the box. What would y’all do?

I’d call Marlin on Monday and say a prayer that they’ll fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
      I’d call Marlin on Monday and say a prayer that they’ll fix it.
      That was my thought too I was hoping to hunt with it this year.

Comment

I always move the rear sight small hammer and a brass punch. Your front and rear sights should be pretty darn close to centered on top of your barrel if not something is off.

Comment

I pretty weary of Marlin anymore because the last one I got was a 336. Old one too gold trigger, micro rifling. It shot 3 foot to the left and so I sent it back and they said the barrel was screwed in crooked and it would cost me $150 for a new barrel. So a friend of mine wanted it and so he paid for the new barrel and bought the gun off of me.

I got a new “remlin” 45-70 cowboy with 20” barrel and it has been perfect l, fit and finish great, shoots great. But it’s a limited run, my friend bought the standard one and said he had to send it back because his had issues with barrel alignment.

Comment

5 years ago when i bought mine from Carter's country, the one i looked at had rear sight issues. The dovetail cut was at an angle rather than perpendicular to the barrel so the sight was obviously crooked. I said no to that one and bought another after close inspection. Pointed it out to the guy and he just shrugged and put it back on the rack.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Put a scope on it and take the iron sights off.

Comment

Sounds like a normal Remington-made Marlin to me

Comment

Well I joined a lever gun Facebook group and everyone seems to think it’s normal for it to be a ft off out of the box! I had just assumed it would be “on” and never would have thought it wouldn’t hit paper at 50 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
                    Well I joined a lever gun Facebook group and everyone seems to think it’s normal for it to be a ft off out of the box! I had just assumed it would be “on” and never would have thought it wouldn’t hit paper at 50 yards.
                    I think I would still give Marlin a call. Back in PA 30-30's are hugely popular, they call them brush guns there. My brother-in-law always uses Marlin, and loves them. I always had Winchester 94's. I once bought a Marlin for cheap, but under one of the other names. I am totally blanking on the name, maybe Glenfield? All I remember is it had nice checkering with a deer in it. I had a lot of problems with that rifle. I hope you get yours straightened out, no pun intended.

Comment

Working...
                    X