Memphis/Graceland during Christmas!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memphis/Graceland during Christmas!!!

I don’t do Christmas presents for Riley but instead we will be flying to Memphis this yr from Dec 20-24. We are staying on the Grounds at Graceland . What are some must do’s downtown and in Memphis?

Never been there, but it's close enough that one day y'all should drive over to Nashville and spend some time in the Opryland Hotel area... One of the most beautiful places on earth during the Christmas time!

Comment

That’s an idea. Would have to rent a car but that’s dang sure an idea

Comment

Yall can check out the big bass pro pyramid in Memphis, I know yall like to fish. My son stopped by there last week. He said it was pretty amazing. They have like a 100 room hotel there, bowling alley, and everything.

Meet all of your Fishing, Hunting, Boating & Outdoor needs at the Bass Pro Shops in Memphis, TN. Find store hours, address, upcoming events & more.

Comment

Beale st for some live music and good places to eat down there as well, some areas of Memphis are pretty rough stick to the main places

Comment

Porky's bbq is good stuff. Memphis dry rub ribs. Hit all the elvis stuff. It's a good piece of history. Dude invented the word pimp. Bass pro pyramid. I'm about to drive thru memphis now.

Comment

sun studios is worth checking out. For food - Gus's fried chicken, and central bbq are some of our favorites there!

Comment

If you are staying at Graceland you will want a car. You will not even want to walk into a convenience store in that area. My daughter had a soccer tournament there this year and drove over to check it out. The immediate Graceland area I would equate to the fair park area of Dallas. You will want a car.

Comment

The best thing in Memphis is the Bass Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                    If you are staying at Graceland you will want a car. You will not even want to walk into a convenience store in that area. My daughter had a soccer tournament there this year and drove over to check it out. The immediate Graceland area I would equate to the fair park area of Dallas. You will want a car.
                    Yeah it’s pretty rough for sure. We stayed there a few yrs ago but didn’t get out to see Beale St and downtown. They have a shuttle that runs every hour down to Beale. I know one thing for certain is the Civil Rights Memorial is on the list as well as Lansky’s . Riley wants a Elvis silk shirt to run in. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                      Yeah it’s pretty rough for sure. We stayed there a few yrs ago but didn’t get out to see Beale St and downtown. They have a shuttle that runs every hour down to Beale. I know one thing for certain is the Civil Rights Memorial is on the list as well as Lansky’s . Riley wants a Elvis silk shirt to run in. Lol
                      Understood.. just making sure you knew. I was a bit surprised myself. We did not have enough time to venture down to Beale but I heard from other parents it was a cool area. We looked at making a quick trip to Nashville but it was decent haul and we did not have enough time.It’s still on our list of to do’s.
                      I am sure it will be a fun trip.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                        Understood.. just making sure you knew. I was a bit surprised myself. We did not have enough time to venture down to Beale but I heard from other parents it was a cool area. We looked at making a quick trip to Nashville but it was decent haul and we did not have enough time.It’s still on our list of to do’s.
                        I am sure it will be a fun trip.
                        I was surprised as well. It’s pretty **** shady to say the least

Comment

I’m sure I’ve seen before but how old is your kid? That’ll make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
                            I’m sure I’ve seen before but how old is your kid? That’ll make a difference.
                            She will be 15. I know Beale street at night is out but during the day I heard it’s kid friendly

Comment

Cool. American Civil Rights Museum is a must! She’s old enough to get it. Beale Street will be fine during the day. Bass Pro is awesome. Memphis Zoo is the best I’ve ever been to! Fried chicken there is not what you are used to here. Memphis Pizza Cafe was awesome. Overton Square area is good. We’ve been to Memphis twice and loved it.

Get a car or drive it so you have one. The country side is beautiful around there. Lots of history there too. Look at the Peabody as well.
                              Last edited by brysdad; 06-08-2019, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X