No announcement yet.

Wish me luck Fellers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks folks . I'm actually looking forward to putting it on and going to sleep. I did the lab sleep study and felt great the next day. Lab report aid said I qualified for one.

Comment

Good luck & hope you sleep good!

Comment

CPAP can be a pain in the @ss but also a life saver. Hope you enjoyed a good nights sleep !

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
          I thought those pads up top were your eye brows! LOL
          I had to look really hard to figure out what that was as well. I was trying to figure out why he had to tape up his eyebrows to wear the mask.

On a side note...any of you experts have any weird sleep study experiences?

Comment

Hope you have better luck with it than I did. I tried it for about 6 months could not handle the plastic smell from the mask absolutely disgusting to me it would make me want to throw up.

Comment

Been on CPAP for over 20yrs. The nasal pillows are the go to for me. Good luck!
              Attached Files

Comment

I been wearing mine for prolly 15 yrs. I slept all night the first night and never looked back. The few times I didn't like elk hunting in Idaho I was afraid of dying. Lots of people die from sleep apnea. If you are restless and your spouse tells you you stop breathing at night and kick when you start breathing again go get checked out. Your body needs to go into deep sleep phase to recover. I was tired all the time and woke up 86 times in my 7 hour sleep study. Good luck it way take a few nights to get use to and a pain when traveling but beats the heck out of not waking up at all.

Comment

Like others have said, just stick to it. Does take some getting use to but you will be so glad you did!

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                    I been wearing mine for prolly 15 yrs. I slept all night the first night and never looked back. The few times I didn't like elk hunting in Idaho I was afraid of dying. Lots of people die from sleep apnea. If you are restless and your spouse tells you you stop breathing at night and kick when you start breathing again go get checked out. Your body needs to go into deep sleep phase to recover. I was tired all the time and woke up 86 times in my 7 hour sleep study. Good luck it way take a few nights to get use to and a pain when traveling but beats the heck out of not waking up at all.
                    They found my HS best friend at a truck stop dead in his sleeper. Sleep Apnea was ruled cause of death. That was what got me serious about it.

Comment

How does a cpap keep you from dying? I understand getting better sleep, but what does it do for cardiovascular heath?

Comment

Well, he either slept real good and is still at it....or he gone

Hopefully just sleeping in

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          How does a cpap keep you from dying? I understand getting better sleep, but what does it do for cardiovascular heath?
                          "Mortality risks have been shown in clinical research to be higher in those who have sleep apnea. Sleep apnea disrupts circadian rhythms, imbalances body and brain chemistry, interrupts cardiac and respiratory function, elevates blood pressure, and speeds up the heart’s rate. When allowed to continue, untreated, it absolutely will lead to higher mortality for those who don’t treat it.

People with untreated sleep apnea:
                          - are more likely to have a heart attack (Sleep Health Heart Study results, 2001, American Journal of Respiratory Critical Care Medicine)
                          - have a 2 to 3 times higher risk for having a stroke (Sleep Health Heart Study results, 2010, American Journal of Respiratory Critical Care Medicine)
                          - face more than 3 times the risk of premature death (18 year follow-up of the Wisconsin Sleep Cohort, 2008, Sleep)"

From the American Sleep Apnea Association

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            Sleep apnea is an issue where you stop breathing in your sleep. Oxygen levels fall to the point you excrete adrenalin, waking you up and you breathe again. This can happen hundreds of times during the night. It can cause death when the levels fall to the point you cannot recover. Here is a better description:

Comment

Before the cpap I would get up at least once a night to go the restroom. Sleep so well with the cpap I sleep through the night. I worried about wetting the bed for a while, never happened, but I usually must go immediately in the morning.

My snoring was so loud no one would sleep anywhere near me. People sleeping near me said I would scare them when I would stop breathing, and then jerk and start breathing loudly until the adrenalin wore off. I had no idea this was happening, except the snoring, it was so loud i would wake myself sometimes. I cannot sleep without the cpap now.

The OP is probably sleeping still with the best sleep he has had in years.

Comment

I've had mine for 3 years now. Absolutely life changing. The scariest part for me was when I started having vivid dreams again. Something I thought that I finally reached the age where an adult just stops dreaming. I've woken myself up several times due to dreams, but not because I quit breathing anymore.

Make sure you work with your tech at that doc's office to get it dialed in for you. Otherwise it is a fight.

Comment

Working...
                                X