Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hull question

Howdy!

I have been in the market for a used boat for about 3 years now. Anytime a boat comes up for sale I try to research it as much as I can. By the time I am done, it's usually sold. Haha.

I am looking for a boat I can bay fish in - I like to wade - and one that my family can enjoy on the lake as well.

Is there a hull type or brand y'all recommend. I would like to include my budget is currently $12k or less. Anything I should look out for/be aware of/ avoid completely? There's so many make and models...

Thanks!
    Last edited by Ginja Ninja; 06-06-2019, 07:43 AM.

What are you going to do the most of?

Comment

Havoc Duck Boats they can do it all

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        What are you going to do the most of?
        Bay fishing.

Comment

I’m kind of partial to them because I have one, but the Tran Classic SE is a pretty good all around boat. Handles the chop well and real dry, runs and floats shallow enough for me. It’s not a speed demon if you’re looking for that. You can find them for a pretty good price as well. It’s a wood free boat also.

Comment

Which bay system?

Comment

Anywhere I can get to. I live in Houston.

Comment

Following. I'm more focused on fishing than anything else, and pretty set on aluminum. Missed the 2072 alumacraft on here that was about perfect for me. In for opinions though, I research things to death too.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                  Following. I'm more focused on fishing than anything else, and pretty set on aluminum. Missed the 2072 alumacraft on here that was about perfect for me. In for opinions though, I research things to death too.
                  I missed that Xpress, and responded within 30 minutes. Lol.

Comment

Any opinions on this 'ol Dargel?
                    I am going to look at it this weekend. Any advice/opinions would be gladly accepted.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

I had a 2013 21' Xpress bay boat with the hyper lift hull. It was a great boat. A little bit wet riding, but I used it for what you're talking about. Took it to the bay, jetties, lakes, and rivers. Did fine everywhere I took it.

Comment

I was looking for the same and bought an older Kenner and it rides great. Only negative is I want a bigger one now.

Comment

my question is how mechanical are you any old outboard is going to be worked on a lot always something going wrong on them.and if you have to take it to a shop every time something goes wrong it will be very expensive!
                          if that johnson is a fuel injected one stay far away from it they were terrible if it a carb motor they were pretty good but the old boats really don’t do good on the ethanol fuel make sure all the fuel lines are new and run the gas out of the carbs every time you leave the lake !

Comment

Originally posted by GigEmAgs07 View Post
                            Any opinions on this 'ol Dargel?
                            I am going to look at it this weekend. Any advice/opinions would be gladly accepted.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...4559343348950/
                            Dargel makes a dam good boat. Been around a long time.

Majek, Shoalwater, Gulf Coast, Trans, Haynie, Kenner, Shallowsport, and Stoner, all solid boats.

Only hulls I know to avoid were the early 90s Shoalwater 21 had belly tanks and broke a lot of stringers.

Make sure the transom and stringers are solid. Gel coat can be done for a reasonable price.
                            Last edited by captainsling; 06-12-2019, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X