48v Precedent speed problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

48v Precedent speed problems.

Hey guys, been a long time since I’ve been on the GS but I have a question and I know the expertise lies in here. I bought a 48v Club Car Precedent from a friend. He bought it from action buggies as a modified cart, already lifted and upgraded controller. He said he put new batteries about 2 yrs ago and I believe him no doubt, and they seem to be holding a charge, but the cart is very slow. Like 10 mph. It’ll pull hills fine and doesn’t get slower as I drive it around. Sometime when I switch from neutral to forward or reverse I can feel it engage then it’ll disengage and won’t move. Fiddle with the switch turn the key a couple times and it’ll take to whatever gear I want it in. Still slow. He said it had a sprint mode or something to where it would run 23 or so for a short distance like 100 yards and then come down to 18. What is causing the slow speed? And is the switch issue the same problem? Every time I flip the switch and give some throttle it will engage, just only sometimes for a split second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of controller did he put in? When I had my golf cart, I upgraded the stock controller with a programmable NCX controller. You might just need to plug into it, and change the setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickaspotandbreathe View Post
      What kind of controller did he put in? When I had my golf cart, I upgraded the stock controller with a programmable NCX controller. You might just need to plug into it, and change the setup.

I’m not really sure. I don’t know a lot about carts. Would it have a brand or number on the controller? I didn’t get the specs when I bought it.

Comment

It should have both of them on it somewhere. If you can find the make and model, then do a google search for the specs. It should tell you if it is programmable, and what kind of interface it has to connect with. You might have to download an app from the manufacturer's website, but it should be pretty straight forward.

Comment

It should have both of them on it somewhere. If you can find the make and model, then do a google search for the specs. It should tell you if it is programmable, and what kind of interface it has to connect with. You might have to download an app from the manufacturer's website, but it should be pretty straight forward.

Great I’ll check tonight. Thanks buddy.

Comment

No problem. Good luck!

Comment

No problem. Good luck!

It’s an obc Lester 26660-02

Comment

That is the OBC, not the controller.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                  That is the OBC, not the controller.

So there is a computer and a controller? I couldn’t find two boxes?

Comment

Working...
                  X