No announcement yet.

2019 Crappie thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

since quite a few have mentioned fishing Sandlin, we should try to do a day trip out there sometime in the summer. fish all day and then cook em up at the end, if we catch any.

Comment

Following.........

Comment

I don’t run a bow unit currently. I have the helix 10 SI+ MEGA on the console and mark and spot lock with the trolling motor once I find them.

However I have been eyeing another bird to put up front when I’m crappie fishing.

I catfish too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by smithb164 View Post
          I’m curious what units everyone uses up on the bow? I’ve got a Lowrance Gen 3 at the console with NMEA. However, I have a riptide w/I-pilot TM. Are y’all running an independent arm for the transducer? Or am I better off getting a different TM that I can mount the transducer to?

I’m open to any suggestions!

I have a Lowrance Carbon 12 in the dash linked to a carbon 9 on the bow that's hooked with an adapter cable to the transducer on the Ultrex to run 2D sonar on the from graph along with mapping and DI shot off my rear transducer. I also have a Helix 9 running a 360 off the TM mount on the Ultrex. If I had Buffs money I would have both of those and a Garmin 93v mounted on bracket above the carbon 9 in the bow dash running livescope on a poleducer. In the meantime maybe Lowrance or Hunmingbird will catch up and I won't have to run 3 graphs on the bow. I'm gonna need a navigator before long.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
            I have a Lowrance Carbon 12 in the dash linked to a carbon 9 on the bow that's hooked with an adapter cable to the transducer on the Ultrex to run 2D sonar on the from graph along with mapping and DI shot off my rear transducer. I also have a Helix 9 running a 360 off the TM mount on the Ultrex. If I had Buffs money I would have both of those and a Garmin 93v mounted on bracket above the carbon 9 in the bow dash running livescope on a poleducer. In the meantime maybe Lowrance or Hunmingbird will catch up and I won't have to run 3 graphs on the bow. I'm gonna need a navigator before long.

Haha *****! I just want another helix 10 with 360.

Comment

Helix 10-SI/GPS with I-pilot I-link. As long as I've got somebody in the front of the boat, I don't have to get up and deploy the TM. And can run it from the rear where I can watch the Helix.

I've also got a very simple Humbird 541 that I learned to read very well in water to 40 foot. I keep it as a back-up for now.

Comment

I have Buff’s money
                I have a helix 10 mega on the console with a helix 9 with 360 on the bow with Ultrex with spot lock.
                I have a Garmin 1042 vex and Panoptix that should be here Friday
                Went out this afternoon with a buddy that has the Panoptix on his boat.
                It was amazing I could not only see the fish, I could see my jig and stop it’s fall right in front of the fish. It will be a game changer for sure
                Last edited by Buff; 01-29-2019, 07:25 PM.

Comment

I might have room for a navigator for the 2019 TBH Crappie trip at Fork! Taking applications now!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                    I have Buff’s money

I have a helix 10 mega on the console with a helix 9 with 30on the bow.

I have a Garmin 1042 vex and Panoptix that should be here Friday

Went out this afternoon with a buddy that has the Panoptix on his boat.

It was amazing I could not only see the fish, I could see my jig and stop it’s fall right in front of the fish. It will be a game changer for sure

I’ve heard the panoptix is a game changer. I’d like to see it in action and try to decipher it before I dropped the cash. Let us know after using it for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                      since quite a few have mentioned fishing Sandlin, we should try to do a day trip out there sometime in the summer. fish all day and then cook em up at the end, if we catch any.
                      Sounds good to me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

The front of my Skeeter now looks like a arcade but the crappie are in trouble.

The Panoptix is too cool
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	B8CFEC2A-13ED-4736-B968-D230357A6694.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	24570679

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                          The front of my Skeeter now looks like a arcade but the crappie are in trouble.

The Panoptix is too cool

[ATTACH]944951[/ATTACH]

Dang I want that so bad! I’ve been eyeing them.

Comment

Found this big girl suspended just above a stump in 20’ of water.
                            Watched my jig sink to her, watched her swim up and take it, watched her all the way to the net. Loving the Panoptix

Name:	902A38B1-914E-4378-A68B-8BF489C754B3.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	24570733

Name:	E548256A-243D-4EB2-B764-BFB26D1CD56C.jpeg
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	24570734

Comment

That's awesome! I sent Clay your picture and he text back an hour later he ordered one with a 12" screen! Hell I might need a booster seat to see over that thing going down the lake!

Comment

Ivan hammered them this morning.
                                Cold weather put them back in the creek

Name:	2A577B6E-ACD1-408A-AF60-2AA0D6961900.jpg
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	24570939

Comment

Working...
                                X