• Show
Clear All

Had a chance to clip one of my daughters lambs today
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by The Real McCoy View Post
      Had a chance to clip one of my daughters lambs today
      Good looking lamb

My son is back home and we spent the majority of the day yesterday at the barn. Picking up the other two goats on Tuesday.

Comment

Anyone go to the In it to Win it show series? Our goats will be making their debut there this weekend.

Comment

State Fair Rant

Just did our entry for the heifer show and get this, we check in on a Wednesday and don't show until Sunday. Not because they are showing heifers all week, they are doing all of them on Sunday. And you have to be out of the barn Sunday night, great for us families that live 7 hours away. Let's see, 160.00 a night for hotel plus all the other expenses for the week so we can sit and do nothing for 3 days. Yep, getting their monies worth out of every single one of us. As bad as Houston

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
            If I may offer advice, make sure Lollie has plenty of cool shade and breeze when her calve comes. August is a tough time to calve and you can lose a new born in a hurry, especially to a first calve heifer. Speaking from experience here but the good news is you have a great breed for calving in the heat.
            I will take all the advice I can get. We have a plan for keeping them shaded and cool. This is our first. We took over one last year from a girl that was in over her head but this is "ours" so I just keep hoping it all works out.

Comment

Just did our entry for the heifer show and get this, we check in on a Wednesday and don't show until Sunday. Not because they are showing heifers all week, they are doing all of them on Sunday. And you have to be out of the barn Sunday night, great for us families that live 7 hours away. Let's see, 160.00 a night for hotel plus all the other expenses for the week so we can sit and do nothing for 3 days. Yep, getting their monies worth out of every single one of us. As bad as Houston
              Wow, just for a prospect show!!? We will be at the show but with pigs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Comment

Mercedes is the worst. But there is also plenty to do around the border. Thats normally my favorite show. I show open Brahman cattle. Houston, State Fair, San Antonio, Fort Worth, Heart of Texas. Houston is by far the worst for us. Arrive Monday and dont leave until Saturday.

Comment

I would breed her back to calve in the fall. Post up pics when she has her baby. I checked my AI cows yesterday and I'm starting to see some bag. We will calve first week in October.
                  Originally posted by powderburner View Post
                  I will take all the advice I can get. We have a plan for keeping them shaded and cool. This is our first. We took over one last year from a girl that was in over her head but this is "ours" so I just keep hoping it all works out.

Comment

Getting closer to the start of “Farrowing Season” for us. We loaded these two gals in the last few days.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GRIZZ64 View Post
                      Getting closer to the start of “Farrowing Season” for us. We loaded these two gals in the last few days.

Them some good looking mommas! Do you have a web site or anything, or do you just sell privately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well my kids have a show called No Limits Show at the North Texas Fair on the 20th. This is a new show they are doing for physical disabled or mental disabled children. Both my kids volunteered for this which I am super proud of. They will be paired with a child with disabilities and will help them show an animal. My son also volunteered one
                        Of his goats to participate. Should be a great experience for all the children involved. I am volunteering as well for this event looking forward to it

Comment

Well washed the goat today and got him ready for the No Limit Show at the North Texas Fair. Show is tomorrow and will update with pictures. Have 60 disabled youth that wanted to participate in this show. Should be an awesome day tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                            Well my kids have a show called No Limits Show at the North Texas Fair on the 20th. This is a new show they are doing for physical disabled or mental disabled children. Both my kids volunteered for this which I am super proud of. They will be paired with a child with disabilities and will help them show an animal. My son also volunteered one
                            Of his goats to participate. Should be a great experience for all the children involved. I am volunteering as well for this event looking forward to it
                            That's pretty dang cool. Good for your kids. That's gotta make you feel proud

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                              That's pretty dang cool. Good for your kids. That's gotta make you feel proud

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                              I am pretty proud of them for wanting to do this. It will be a great experience for everyone involved

Comment

Keep th pics coming. We’ve been out for three years now.

Comment

Working...
                                X