No announcement yet.

Best wireless camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arlo Go ATT or Verizon Is the best no plane need just add to your wireless data plan. 4g video and picks.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
      Any new on these? Are they still slated to be out this month?
      No idea. I haven't looked yet. I had posted that when I saw a video from the ATA show.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
        Any new on these? Are they still slated to be out this month?
        The LINK-MICRO-LTE from SPYPOINT pairs the most popular cellular trail camera in years with the ultra-reliable LTE cellular network. The LINK-MICRO-LTE continues to challenge traditional expectations of performance and value the hunter can expect from a camera.

Looks like they have been released, but I can't seem to locate them in stock anywhere. But you can order them online at different retailers.

Comment

Just picked up the $149 Spypoint to give it a try. Picked it up at Cabelas.

Also ordered a directional cell antenna off of Amazon to hopefully address cell signal issue at the location where it is going to be mounted.

If the Spypoint doesnt work out, I figure I will take it back and return it. So far, at the house all seems to be working just fine. Could not have been easier to set up.

Comment

Been running the Bushnell Impulse for a couple of weeks so far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
              You can get an upgraded camera for $200.00 from Covert and you get to keep the old one. The pld one will quit sending at the end of the year. I justdid this. Contact Covert.
              Not true!

I just paid $175 for upgraded version. Beginning in 2020 AT&T will BEGIN the process with the towers. It will be a slow process and take 3 years.

So you have 8 more months at a bare minimum and more then likely 2-3 years I was told last week

I love my Covert's and Spartans

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                https://www.spypoint.com/EN/products...INK-MICRO.html

Looks like they have been released, but I can't seem to locate them in stock anywhere. But you can order them online at different retailers.
                Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post

Also ordered a directional cell antenna off of Amazon to hopefully address cell signal issue at the location where it is going to be mounted.

If the Spypoint doesnt work out, I figure I will take it back and return it. So far, at the house all seems to be working just fine. Could not have been easier to set up.
                From initial reviews, they look to be a "get what you paid for camera!"

Not built very well, signal issues, poor quality and eats batteries. I'll pass

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                  https://www.spypoint.com/EN/products...INK-MICRO.html

nativeoutdoors.com has them. I am on their mailing list.

Comment

I have 60 days to make a final decision with the Spypoint Micro - figured I am not risking anything - other than a second trip to Cabelas - which is not necessarily a bad thing.

If it works, great, I got a cell cam for $149. If not, I will return and upgrade. They do have a 2 year warranty on them from Spypoint - for what that is worth.

Comment

Originally posted by clffrdfdge View Post
                      Been running the Bushnell Impulse for a couple of weeks so far so good.
                      Can you add an external antenna to the Bushnell ?

Comment

Covert

Comment

I have 60 days to make a final decision with the Spypoint Micro - figured I am not risking anything - other than a second trip to Cabelas - which is not necessarily a bad thing.

If it works, great, I got a cell cam for $149. If not, I will return and upgrade. They do have a 2 year warranty on them from Spypoint - for what that is worth.
                          Good deal though if return to Cabelas.

Spypoints CS is awful. Dealt with them last year and then sold the returned camera

Comment

Best wireless camera

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                            From initial reviews, they look to be a "get what you paid for camera!"

Not built very well, signal issues, poor quality and eats batteries. I'll pass

I’ve had two Spypoint Micros for a couple weeks now. Neither connect to cellular network consistently. Hoping to get with Spypoint when I get back out to the farm and see if the problem can be rectified. I’ve got Bushnell, Cuddeback, Covert, stealth & Spartan Cell cams running in the same area with no connection issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Had Moultrie and got about 3 pictures a week. Somehow always of raccoons even though the camera had tons of pigs on it. Wouldn't recommend. We returned them after a few weeks. Bad cell service to the wireless modem thing and not cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by rockspringshunt View Post
                                Covert sells Verizon cameras. You have to get the specific network you want just like a cell phone.
                                If Verizon has better service at your place get a verizon camera.

Anyone tried cuddeback with cuddelink/ cellular? I’ve got a hilly place with reception on top and not in the bottoms. I just don’t know if it’s worth it to try since they’re expensive and no guarantees it will work how I want it to.
                                I had okay luck with bushnell. One worked fine the other bushnell camera would send 20 pics all at once instead of right after taking individual picture.I think bushnell solar panel they sell has a smaller battery it charged which runs the camera. It then runs on internal batteries at night if the small battery loses its charge. Covert recharges the internal batteries. Had coverts since they first came out and they have gotten better in cell reception and ease of use. My covert has been out for a year now without touching it working well.
                                I run a Spypoint Link Evo and the Cuddelink Wireless system. I’ve had great luck with both.

I decided to give the cuddelink system a try for the same reasons you have. Spotty signal except for the one place where I don’t need a camera. So I set my cell home (not a camera) in the meadow on top of the hill and connected 4 cams to it. I receive pictures via email from all cams when out. Best part is, $20/mo and I get pictures from 4 cameras.

Comment

Working...
                                X