No announcement yet.

Is CPAP worth loosing the beard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One can only assume that you have a problem with being too much of a chick magnet.

Hence the beard which probably helps to tone that down a bit.

Gotta do what you gotta do, right?

I would say that I sympathize but the best I could claim would be - tick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Is that a beard or did you superglue a badger pelt to your face?
      Lol. That’s hilarious!1

Comment

I would personally like to try the nasal pillows. Always used a full mask.

Comment

The nasal pillows allow me to sleep on my side...when I had a full mask I would roll over on my side and break the seal on my face and the roaring would wake me up.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
            My first thought from the mustache pic was Officer Farva from Super Troopers. Try different options before shaving it off!
            Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
            Gimme a liter cola!
            Unfortunately I am of no help other than this

Click image for larger version

Name:	Officer Farva.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	24612214

Comment

Y'all are giving him bad info. You are prescribed a mask depending on whether or not you sleep with your mouth open or not and if you are a mouth breather. I am and hated the full mask. Try the Amara View. It's nice.

Comment

Just got back from a visit to the dr. for an updated script and the respiratory therapist for a nasal type. (and a chin strap in case mouth open becomes an issue) Glad I went to them for it otherwise I wouldn't have known what size I needed.

Never watched super troopers but that is a scary comparison.

Chick magnet... Never!

Maybe I could get a gig as Santa to keep from scaring the kiddies.

Comment

Nasal pillows are the way to go. If you are a mouth breather, wear the chin strap for a month. Then try without it. For some reason after a month I no longer needed mine. Mouth just stayed closed. Also, dont have to cut stash, just trim it down with a number 2. It will be there, but shorter. It wont mess with your mask.

Comment

Rasputin

Rasputin ? I have no idea how the Rasputin look became popular
                    But Rasputin survived being poisoned with cyanide 3 times , then shot , then shot again and then dumped in a frozen river, so keep the beard and skip the CPAP
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 03-18-2020, 02:49 PM.

Comment

I let the insurance buy the machine, i usually buy the mask. Less hassle than dealing with insurance. Get a scrip to the mask co, and you can try different masks. I have a mustache, so the better nose masks wont work. If you use full face, you may need to shave before bed. That was my biggest issue with full face and sealing. I now use this one:
                      The DreamWear nasal CPAP mask by Philips Respironics is a top-rated mask with an innovative and minimal design. Try this Risk-Free for 30 days!

Allows sleep on either side. If it works for you it is the most comfortable out there. And look at this site for education. Manage your apnea, learn what the numbers mean.
                      World's largest and most helpful CPAP and Sleep Apnea forum. Advice, setup manuals, OSCAR software. Make pressure changes and adjustments safely, tips on treatment

Comment

The answer is YES but you don’t have to. I have a beard (not as cool as yours) not an issue because my mask is just the nose pillows. I don’t notice them. Sometimes I’ll wake up in the middle of the night and not realize I’ve got it on.

Comment

Is CPAP worth loosing the beard?

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          Y'all are giving him bad info. You are prescribed a mask depending on whether or not you sleep with your mouth open or not and if you are a mouth breather. I am and hated the full mask. Try the Amara View. It's nice.

Dr. Mantooth..... one of your many expertise areas. [emoji2957][emoji41][emoji23]

I was a mouth breather due to apnea like most folks are because they have to be. . Nasal pillows made me a nose breather. ...The forced air through my nose made me not have to be a breather through my mouth. My information was based on that experience and my Dr. telling me it would happen..., Doctor. [emoji16]

Comment

Nasal pillows. Keep the beard

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                              Just got back from a visit to the dr. for an updated script and the respiratory therapist for a nasal type. (and a chin strap in case mouth open becomes an issue) Glad I went to them for it otherwise I wouldn't have known what size I needed.

Never watched super troopers but that is a scary comparison.

Chick magnet... Never!

Maybe I could get a gig as Santa to keep from scaring the kiddies.

Sounds like I need to go back and see my sleep doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Dr. Mantooth..... one of your many expertise areas. [emoji2957][emoji41][emoji23]

I was a mouth breather due to apnea like most folks are because they have to be. . Nasal pillows made me a nose breather. ...The forced air through my nose made me not have to be a breather through my mouth. My information was based on that experience and my Dr. telling me it would happen..., Doctor. [emoji16]
                                I got a chin strap with mine years ago. Never needed it. Nasal pillows pretty much force you to breath through your nose.

Here's what I use.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X