No announcement yet.

Proud dad moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's got to be nerve racking but he will learn 10 time faster doing it himself. Who know's, maybe you will have a fresh caught dinner when you get home.

Comment

Good luck to him. He was raised good, so it will be OK!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        I took a boat about that size offshore fishing, when I was about his age. Lol

Had a couple buddies do that....boat’s still there.[emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Having been there before myself, he’ll do everything perfect today just to show you he can. Now, the next hundred times might be a redneck rodeo, but today will be perfect.[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Man that brings back some memories! I had a 16’ aluminum boat just like that when I was 16. Caught a lot of fish and paddled that thing back to the ramp many times! Lol

He’s living the good life!

Comment

If you break rule #1 I'll kill ya.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                What are the rules/requirements on this?

If they were born after 93 they have to have boaters education to operate a boats or PWC.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  Had a couple buddies do that....boat’s still there.[emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Still offshore??

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    If they were born after 93 they have to have boaters education to operate a boats or PWC.

[emoji1360]

Comment

I remember going way back on fire break roads to fish the pecos River in NM by myself when I was about 17. I had a six pack on a stringer cooling off in the river when I got surprised by a game warden. It was late in the day and he asked if I was camping overnight - “yes sir, my sleeping bag is there in the bed of my truck”. He was really cool and said, I suppose those aren’t your beers but please empty them and pack them out when you leave and make dang sure you don’t even so much as put the key in the ignition of that truck if you accidentally spill one of those beers in your mouth. He even pointed out a couple of spots that he’d had luck at...boys will be boys but I’d rather see a young man fishing than about a million other things he could be doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        I'll be honest, I have no idea. I think it's by date of birth like hunter ed.

Kinda nerve wracking ain't it. I know your boys and mine well enough to know theyll be ok. But anything can happen

Rylan has been where they went, he just ain't drove it. That boat will scoot and I'm hoping his buddy dont get too wild

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It is but between the saltwater thread and some other reading I had him do the talk of reefs and oysters knocked his cocky confidence back a good bit and raised his sense of caution.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                          Good luck to him. He was raised good, so it will be OK!
                          Thanks david
                          Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                          It is but between the saltwater thread and some other reading I had him do the talk of reefs and oysters knocked his cocky confidence back a good bit and raised his sense of caution.
                          At least I can fix this boat with a hammer

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                            Still offshore??

Yes. The boat is. The guys were rescued by the coast guard or game warden. This was about 1992, about 1 mile straight out from the end of the south jetty. Couple dumbasses.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Right on I remember when mine took off for the first time. Boat fell off the trailer forgot to strap it down. Then they would go on the all nighters and now fish you talking about nasty.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I was around 14 the first time my dad let me take the boat out fishing by myself.

We had our place in Chinquapin and he said I could go up in lake Austin fishing. He said if he hears that motor get over 4k rpm it will be the last time I go by myself and I believed him.

Comment

Working...
                                X