No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like we got quite a bit of rain. I was about to head out there tomorrow after work to search for my target bucks headgear because I thought he had dropped....well he actually hasn't! Just showed back up on camera today.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got to the ranch in San Saba last night. We got about 1.4 in over the week. We were here last weekend so the gauge was empty last Sunday. Things are Greening up good. Deer and hog still aren't hitting the feed very hard.

Comment

Everything is looking good up on our place. We started the protein back in January, but with all of the acorns, they are eating very little. I still have to go get cameras and see who made it through the season. There should have been a lot of bucks make it through as we did not kill any this year and did not hear much shooting around us either.

Comment

Originally posted by roberts View Post
          Everything is looking good up on our place. We started the protein back in January, but with all of the acorns, they are eating very little. I still have to go get cameras and see who made it through the season. There should have been a lot of bucks make it through as we did not kill any this year and did not hear much shooting around us either.
          Ya I’m ready to check cameras and see who’s still around. Bucks were skinny last time I saw them. Hoping they are fattening back up with the green.

Comment

Spent about 20 hrs the last few days cutting cedars. We found about 6 sheds & one pair were laying right next to each other with brows crossed. The deer must have put his head down & both fell off together . One thing I did notice is the incredible amount of acorns on the ground. Just like a carpet under the oaks. No doubt why deer sightings were scarce. The country is greening up & deer & pigs still not hitting feeders much. Some pics of does on the protein a little, but still not much feeding on corn or protein.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
              Spent about 20 hrs the last few days cutting cedars. We found about 6 sheds & one pair were laying right next to each other with brows crossed. The deer must have put his head down & both fell off together . One thing I did notice is the incredible amount of acorns on the ground. Just like a carpet under the oaks. No doubt why deer sightings were scarce. The country is greening up & deer & pigs still not hitting feeders much. Some pics of does on the protein a little, but still not much feeding on corn or protein.
              Great recap!! Glad you spent a lot of time cutting cedars, we are always working to remove them as well.
              I probably saw 30+ bucks this weekend, all but two still had both their antlers. They should all be off in the next few weeks.

Comment

We are approaching 3” of rain over the last two days! Extremely blessed and thankful!

Comment

Ended up averaging around 3.7” across the ranch. One pond caught some water, another didn’t catch anything. So thankful for the rain!

Comment

Need more rain. Got a really promising 4 year old showing up regular. Got a few very mature management 8’s coming in pretty regular too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome pics!! Add these to the 2020-2021 Hill Country thread!

Comment

Must have clicked on the wrong thread on tapacrap. My bad

Comment

Working...
                        X