Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    $6K....Keep reading
    That just gets you a tag. Not the guide or lodging.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
      Just my two cents, if you are going to Canada, look into Mountain Caribou. I wouldn't go there for elk with all the opportunity out west.
      Not really on my wish list right now.

Comment

TTT for the night crew

Comment

Anyone tried the Missouri River Breaks of Montana?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
            Anyone on here done any Canada elk hunting?
            I have not elk hunted in Canada but went on a mountain goat hunt in British Columbia where other hunters in the main camp were elk hunting. Some areas of Canada have tremendous elk populations but there are other areas that used to have great elk populations that have been decimated by wolves. If you decide to go the Canada route make sure any information is current.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
              I have not elk hunted in Canada but went on a mountain goat hunt in British Columbia where other hunters in the main camp were elk hunting. Some areas of Canada have tremendous elk populations but there are other areas that used to have great elk populations that have been decimated by wolves. If you decide to go the Canada route make sure any information is current.
              Good to know. Thank you!

Comment

Up

Comment

Little bit out of my price range...
                  They are running 75% + success rate for archery.. I would much rather save up a few thousand more and kill an elk than go on a hunt and not get a shot.. If I were to ever go guided I would be going to the Jicarilla for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    Just my two cents, if you are going to Canada, look into Mountain Caribou. I wouldn't go there for elk with all the opportunity out west.
                    You cant touch mountain caribou for less than 14K right now

Comment

That just gets you a tag. Not the guide or lodging.
                      Guide is 250-300 a day.. Lodging is $100 a night the hunt is only 5 days..

$6000 hunt
                      $1000 guide
                      $500 hotel
                      $500 tip

Looking at $8000 to $8500 for the Jicarilla hunts

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                        Guide is 250-300 a day.. Lodging is $100 a night the hunt is only 5 days..

$6000 hunt
                        $1000 guide
                        $500 hotel
                        $500 tip

Looking at $8000 to $8500 for the Jicarilla hunts
                        Have you done this hunt? I spoke with Kyle there about it.

Comment

Have you done this hunt? I spoke with Kyle there about it.

No but my grandpa has hunted the Jicarilla a few different times for mule deer, lion and bears. I from my research and talking to guys who have done it there isn’t a better hunt for a 300” bull. I plan on doing a bear hunt there one day.

My grandpa was one of the guys who helped kick off the mule deer craze out there back in the day lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                            No but my grandpa has hunted the Jicarilla a few different times for mule deer, lion and bears. I from my research and talking to guys who have done it there isn’t a better hunt for a 300” bull. I plan on doing a bear hunt there one day.

My grandpa was one of the guys who helped kick off the mule deer craze out there back in the day lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Geez!!!

Comment

We are going with NM Hunting Addiction. If we draw its $4500 if we dont its $6K with private tag. 5 day hunt. All inclusive. So far Steven has been very responsive and helpful. He has a strong social media presence and responds and seems to come highly recommended on the New Mexico Elk Hunters FB page. So I cant give you a recommendation on him yet I can say he seems to have everything we wanted and at a great price.

Comment

We had a great hunt at Fishtail ranch in Chama a few years ago. Would definitely go back. PM me if you have nay questions.

Comment

Working...
                                X