No announcement yet.

Redoing my King Ranch seats....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks really good! I had a 07 KR as well and loved the truck but keeping up with the seats was PIA. I have a 13 now and as mentioned above, I think I like the older seat/leather better. New stuff looks orange and the old stuff while took some work to keep nice, looked better and smelled better.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
      Looks really good! I had a 07 KR as well and loved the truck but keeping up with the seats was PIA. I have a 13 now and as mentioned above, I think I like the older seat/leather better. New stuff looks orange and the old stuff while took some work to keep nice, looked better and smelled better.
      Thank you so much! I know it's a bit "busy" so some won't like it....but I do...😉

Now you know why it's been nicknamed "The Redneck Raptor"....hehehe

Castano just requires conditioning about once a month, but, it is a bit of a pain. I've ridden in the latest and greatest KR of both the F150 and 250 and, like yourself, I far prefer the actual KR saddle leather. The seats not only look better but are more comfortable IMOP too.
      Last edited by Slicefixer; 01-16-2020, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
        Nice!!!
        Exactly what I’ll do when the time comes. Rather than buy a new truck, I’ll buy a rent house. ����
        You and I think a LOT alike....hehehe

Comment

Looks brand new! Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Slicefixer View Post
            You and I think a LOT alike....hehehe
            Haha. Smart man!

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
              Looks brand new! Nice!
              Thank you! It's been fun to piddle with in my spare time. I like a good project and this was a pretty good sized one. It's kind of neat to own a one-off.

Comment

One more....

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slicefixer View Post
                  One more....

Any details on how you did the folding bed cover with your tool box? I've been curious about trying this.

Comment

You bet....easy....

Bought $300 hard cover off Amazon that had a lot of reviews and good ones....

I literally set it on top of the installed cover and eyeballed it to get an idea of how it'd look and fit....

Then I measured the dimensions below the lip (area below the latches and lid) of the box.....took a t-square and traced parallel and perpendicular lines across the cover with a water soluble marker.....

Then using those lines and a different color water soluble marker I tightened up the exact dimensions of the box below the lip onto the cover...

Then I drilled pilot holes through the cover in the corners on the inside of the lines to insert the jug saw blade....

Then I took a jig saw with a high quality metal blade (like cutting butter) and cut out the rectangular hole in the cover....

Once the slot for the box was done I carefully slid the box down in it to test the fit...... carefully cut out any additional lid to get a tight/proper fit.....

Then I took 1" x 3/8" strip foam insulation and framed around the slot for the box to rest upon.....i also went around the outside of the bed and did the same to seal the cover really well....

Then I cut 2 pieces of 3"x3" (and spray painted flat black) oak to fit under the "wings" of the box I had bought as they wouldn't fit flush to the bed....quirk of the box (and the dimensions of the cover) but I bought it wholesale brand new through a buddy.....beggar can't choose 😉

Then I measured and drilled holes through the 3x3's so I could run the bolts through the mounting holes in the box, through the 3x3's, then through the bed itself....otherwise the bolts themselves would have been exposed.

Then I bolted er' on.....done..... from unpacking the cover to installed it took about 2 hours by myself.....easy job

Works like a charm and sits higher than normal..... Which I love as there's now enough room UNDER the box for 3 milk crates to barely slide under the box..... makes the space WAY more useful.....
                    Last edited by Slicefixer; 01-20-2020, 03:43 PM.

Comment

I'm a "from a distance" painter/carpenter, etc, [emoji6] However, all in all, it came out pretty good and saved me over a grand.....plus the toolbox is substantially larger than those that are professionally manufactured....and sell for a mint.

Comment

Working...
                      X