Air Rifle Silencers (LCDs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Rifle Silencers (LCDs)

So the air rifle thread was interesting. My takeaway was that I want to quiet my Marauder .25 PCP so I can shoot multiple coons/hogs. Anyone have any experience with LCDs? I see one on Ebay for $42 up to $240 for a Donnyfl Emperor or the highly recommended $150 for a Donnyfl Sumo.

Anyone added a suppressor to your Marauder?

Thanks

ttt

Comment

I have a connection on Facebook that could answer your questions

Brad luis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have a .25 Marauder and never thought it needed any additional silencing. The sound of whatever the pellet impacts is by far louder than the shot.

Comment

DonnyFl is pretty much the go to guy.

The Maurader I had was quiet and I never thought about putting anything else on it.

Comment

New to the suppressor game. Would you have to have the tax stamp on an air rifle?

Comment

Donnyfl is all I use. They are LDC's not LCD's... they are "Lead Dust Collectors" and NOT silencers... The pics I posted in the other thread had three rifles all with Donny's LDC's. When you get one, be sure and get a threaded bushing to screw on your barrel if you ever decide to remove the LDC. You can protect the threads. And the thread pitch is different than a powder burner can. They cannot be used on air guns just like air gun LDC's cannot be used on a powder burner...

Comment

Originally posted by Texas007 View Post
                New to the suppressor game. Would you have to have the tax stamp on an air rifle?
                No. If it is an air rifle silencer no tax stamp.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Comment

LDS, LDC, LCD. 210 220, whatever it takes. I'm looking at the Donnyfl Sumo. I know it's pretty quiet but I shoot almost every day and often have multiple targets. If they couldn't hear the shot, I might get more twofers. Taking it bowhunting for coons and getting multiple shots after dark just feels so right.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Donnyfl is all I use. They are LDC's not LCD's... they are "Lead Dust Collectors" and NOT silencers... The pics I posted in the other thread had three rifles all with Donny's LDC's. When you get one, be sure and get a threaded bushing to screw on your barrel if you ever decide to remove the LDC. You can protect the threads. And the thread pitch is different than a powder burner can. They cannot be used on air guns just like air gun LDC's cannot be used on a powder burner...
                    I saw your thread. Your uber quiet Cricket and the thought of shooting multiple squirrels/raccoons/hogs is the reason I just spent $200!

Comment

Working...
                    X