Aluminum Boat Brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aluminum Boat Brands

Doing my research for a purchase this fall. Are any aluminum boat brands beget or worse than others? Looking at G3, XPRESS, Alumacraft, sea ark etc. prices used and new seem about the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
    Doing my research for a purchase this fall. Are any aluminum boat brands beget or worse than others? Looking at G3, XPRESS, Alumacraft, sea ark etc. prices used and new seem about the same.

Following

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I would put Alweld at the top of that list.

Then you could include Boatright, but they are in a class above all to their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
        I would put Alweld at the top of that list.

Then you could include Boatright, but they are in a class above all to their own.

These 2 and if you want higher sides the alweld is the answer.

Comment

I currently have an Alweld, I've owned a G-3 and an old Lowe deep and wide. The old Lowe was built like a tank, it was a great boat. The G-3 was a good boat just not as solidly built. I had a cracked hull not long after I bought it and G-3 repaired it quickly. The Alweld I have now is my favorite by far, it's well built and "feels" good in the water. I hope that helps.

Comment

Uncal J if you want a custom job

Comment

Thanks. Keep it coming. I didn’t mention boatright because the now/low sides won’t work well with kiddos.

Comment

Timber creek, prodigy I believe j is the most bang for your buck but you can’t beat prodigies fit and finish

Comment

Coming from a family where i grew up with couple of these brands, what are you going to be doing the most from them? Bass fishing, utility/work boat, all the bells and whistles?

I ask because my dad bought a 16 ft Express with an 88 Johnson back when I was little. It was fantastic bass boat. Had carpet and would scoot pretty quick. Was not very stable as it was narrow. Sucked for open water and had short sides. I distinctly remember my younger brother tripping and taking a dive off the side, bobbing up thanks to his life jacket.

Not long after we got a 14’ Alweld with a 25 Yamaha 2 stroke tiller handle. Boat was purchased in ‘98 (boat motor trailer for $3800) and i still have it all original. Its what i learned to back down the ramp and load on the trailer. I will say, the aluminum seems much thicker than the original Express we had. Its a work boat. Simple bench seats and a flat nose/bottom. It can be rough in open water but not horrible. No broken welds. We pretty much abused it, pulling tubes and kneeboards, duck hunt from it in louisiana, etc. still no broken welds.

Also had a 2010 model 20’ Express with a 115 Etec . Had it customized. Was originally a side console bass boat. No carpet, added second console and saltwater troll motor. Was our marsh rig. Runs real shallow and takes the lakes pretty well. Material is thicker than our first one. No broken welds and super stable with a dry ride. Casting deck front and rear. Sides are short on the casting deck but 14” or so down in the bottom.

I would absolutely say either one of these brands would probably do whatever it is you want to do and then some. Just the fact that our little utility boat is still kicking after 23 years of abuse is a good sign.

Comment

If you're buying new go custom. So many great builders and you'll pay the same or less than a mass produced boat, and get way better quality.

I'm partial to Uncle J, but Hanko, nerowalker, sabine, boatwright, prodigy, so many amazing builders now. One day I'll have an uncle J rig in my garage.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a G3 1860 CCT. It has been a really good boat for me. Drafts 9” loaded with two guys. I hunt and fish from it.
                      The aluminum isn’t a heavy gauge, so it drafts very little, but that did allow a weld to split. G3 repaired it and haven’t had a problem since. The boat is 16 years old. I am going bigger next summer and wish I had the space to keep it. Really easy to trailer, launch and use.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                        Thanks. Keep it coming. I didn’t mention boatright because the now/low sides won’t work well with kiddos.

You can get with rails.

Comment

Premier Aluminum Boat Manufacturer We pride ourselves in making quality boats. Our boats are well thought out, have exceptional fit & finish, have clean and spacious layouts and overall, are designed for maximum comfort. About Excel Welcome to 2024 2023 was a fantastic year full of

Comment

I bought a G3 1652 about two years ago. It has without a doubt been the toughest Jon I’ve ever owned. All metal and no wood to rotten out. I’ve been very happy with it with the exception of the motor should be a 50-60hp. I put a 25 ho Yamaha on it and it only goes 24 mph loaded with me and one other person.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Would be worth it to price custom. I would look at seaark, war eagle, excel, and prodigy for better quality. Good look in your search!

Comment

Working...
                              X