Simone Biles mental issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soldierarcher View Post
    Ya, Mary Lou had just a tad bit more pressure on her performing with that broken foot and still going for it.
    Anyone that don't know the difference in Kerry Strug and Mary Lou Retton...I just can't help you. Kerry competed with a broken foot. Mary Lou competed for my undying love....and scored a 10

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
      [ATTACH]1057159[/ATTACH]
      Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
        The Russians must of put something in her sports drink
        Son! U on to sumthin!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
          He retired from the Wizards. He quit the Bulls twice. Jordan did quit after game 6. He himself was quoted as saying I quit basketball to play baseball.

You can sugarcoat that however fits your narrative. He quit basketball and his team due to stress. That’s what it boils down to.

Horse ****...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IATBa_K0mgE"]Michael Jordan retirement press conference - YouTube[/ame]
          Last edited by Smart; 07-29-2021, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Billy, you've been around long enough to know that ol' JJ's sole purpose of posting on ANY thread on ANY subject is just to pot stir and get a rise out of people. He has exactly ZERO positive contribution to anything on TBH. Just ignore his drivel... As long as someone will engage him, he'll hang around... He don't like arguing with himself... If you ignore him, he'll go away and try to poke his nose into some other thread to get his pleasures...

good point...

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                Suni Lee wins gold in the all around. An American remains on top…

Time for this to take over the headlines!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Just watched her routine on the unevens. Sheer perfection!

Comment

She quit. I really dont care what her reasons were. She chose to take a spot on the team then quit.
                  She quit a spot some other young lady worked hard for but was edged out by her.
                  There is no excuse or reason, other than serious physical injury or death, that I find acceptable. You don't quit in the middle of the game or season otherwise.
                  I hope it doesnt end up as some BLM protest or something.
                  But she has hurt her credibility with me.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    Anyone that don't know the difference in Kerry Strug and Mary Lou Retton...I just can't help you. Kerry competed with a broken foot. Mary Lou competed for my undying love....and scored a 10
                    Were you a physician for the U.S. Women’s Gymnastics team in a previous life?
                    Last edited by ThisLadyHunts; 07-29-2021, 07:41 PM.

Comment

The US spent hundreds of thousands of dollars training Biles to compete for her country. She failed. Nothing else really needs to be said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        She quit. I really dont care what her reasons were. She chose to take a spot on the team then quit.
                        She quit a spot some other young lady worked hard for but was edged out by her.
                        There is no excuse or reason, other than serious physical injury or death, that I find acceptable. You don't quit in the middle of the game or season otherwise.
                        I hope it doesnt end up as some BLM protest or something.
                        But she has hurt her credibility with me.

Mental toughness is just as much part of professional competitive sports as physical toughness.

Comment

I dont disagree but she cheated another athlete out of a spot she'd worked her whole life for as well.
                          We played a summer league of softball when I had a hernia. I wore two pair of comprehension shorts and held my intestines in with my right hand and fielded with the other. That was for a trophy and a cheap T shirt. When season ended I had the repair done and returned to work 5 days after surgery. I was an industrial mechanic and a crew leader running maintenance at two plants with three crews including running the fabrication shop.
                          You don't quit on your team. You suck it up and finish. Win, lose or draw.

Last edited by DRT; 07-29-2021, 08:43 PM.

Comment

That's what I'm saying. Mental toughness, it's part of the game. Looks like you've got more than she does.

Comment

Looks like she is feeling somewhat better now.....................Going to compete in the individual balance beam competition now????????

I am so confused, you quit the team, you drop out of the individual rounds and now change your mind and re-enter the individual rounds for one event? When did she qualify for the individual event?

Can you tell I do not know much about gymnastics????

The final day of gymnastics competition in Tokyo was one to remember. Simone Biles made her return to the competition floor, earning a bronze on balance beam. All-around champ Suni Lee, Sam Mikulak and Brody Malone also competed for the Americans.

Rwc

Comment

Adults arguing over a young woman and her gymnastics choices. All time low for TBH.

Comment

Working...
                                X