Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So long as the kill is ethical, the hunter puts the entire animal to use, the landowner doesn't treat its confined wild animals as livestock, and the glorification of a huge rack doesn't lead to those freak 300" bucks, I am good with HF.

I do think a HF group would be good only because the HF debate starts every time someone asks "Was it HF?" At least that question doesn't need to be asked, and the folks who want to complain about HF bucks have to go out of their way to complain.

Comment

Buff, I would love to be on a HF lease like you are on now. The buck your after never got that big by being stupid. I can tell you got a lot of respect for that buck and hope you get a shot at him.

Comment

Every high fence I have hunted has been the hardest hunts I've had. It cracks me up reading all the bashing of high fence places.

Comment

Can we have a HF forum for acreage <150 acres AND/OR breeder buck harvests w/ ear tags?

Comment

To each their own. Not all high fence hunts are created equal, and some high fence places can be tough. I admit that I find it obnoxious and annoying when I read these threads where you see some genetically engineered freak that someone is bragging about from some ranch where there are 200 trophies on 300 acres and they picked the deer out of a catalog. You see things like “it was tough not taking the shot on this 180-inch 12-point that was in my corn for 30 minutes, but “the guide” said “my buck” would probably show up around 8:30, and he did! That’s not hunting to me, but it’s none of my business how people spend their time and money, or if they’re willing to take credit for “hunting” those deer. All that having been said, I wouldn’t mind the posts about these deer being grouped together so I can avoid them.
            Last edited by bullets13; 12-07-2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE-Z View Post
              The dude just asked a question out of curiosity. Don't stir the pot.

What? I like my suggestion.

I get it. All good.

Sorry OP it wasn't intended to be a jab at you. Lots of us, myself included, have made suggestions over the years.
              Last edited by AntlerCollector; 12-07-2018, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlington BowHunter View Post
                Every high fence I have hunted has been the hardest hunts I've had. It cracks me up reading all the bashing of high fence places.
                You’re not paying enough then.

Comment

If it wasn't for high fences there wouldn't be Axis, Blackbuck, Fallow, and other exotics running free in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    If it wasn't for high fences there wouldn't be Axis, Blackbuck, Fallow, and other exotics running free in Texas.
                    i've thought about that as well. i could ultimately live and hunt happily without them.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      And if it wasn’t for exotics running free in Texas, it would be substantially cheaper to find a good west Texas lease

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                        And if it wasn’t for exotics running free in Texas, it would be substantially cheaper to find a good west Texas lease
                        I might ask you then how much less would a lease be in west Texas without random exotics?

Comment

I'd be for it. Though I suppose I can typically tell the difference in a low and high fence deer... typically. I've debated the topic on here either, but i'll throw my two cents in.

I'm not against it at all, would be cool to get a chance one day. At the end of the day if the game CANNOT get away because it is physically trapped in a cage (no matter the size) it just takes a lot of the sport out of it to me. Not saying it isn't hard, just not as rewarding...

...TO Me

Actually, they CAN and DO get out sometimes. This ear tagged buck showed up on our HF place. We have no idea where he came from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have an ear tagged doe show up on our low fence place.

Comment

I'd be for it. Though I suppose I can typically tell the difference in a low and high fence deer... typically. I've debated the topic on here either, but i'll throw my two cents in.

I'm not against it at all, would be cool to get a chance one day. At the end of the day if the game CANNOT get away because it is physically trapped in a cage (no matter the size) it just takes a lot of the sport out of it to me. Not saying it isn't hard, just not as rewarding...

...TO Me
                              I won't disagree but there also people out there that think because we use corn and other bait to lure deer in that takes the sport out of it also and it unethical.

Comment

I don’t believe high fencing is good land stewardship (bad for ecosystems), but there’s not much I can do about it & most people simply don’t care.

The hunting ethics part of it could (& has been) argued for years. No ones really going to change anyone’s mind on that part.

Comment

Working...
                                X