This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txhunter007 View Post
    I dont get the hatred of high fences. It just comes off as pure envy to me.
    not envy. i grew hunting a property in Sonora that was mostly high fenced. i've been on several corporate hunts that are high fenced and have been skunked. not all places are shooting fish in a barrel.

however, as i've grown up, i see the siloing of herds and land as a net negative for the future. i believe the negatives outweigh the positives.

Comment

Maybe for some. For others its that they don't understand it. For others, well, they just need something to be mad about.

Comment

I’ve never really gotten into the debates that much, but I’m just curious as to what LF hunters would be jealous or envious of. I hunt LF around my house. There’s some pretty nice deer here and if one of my neighbors killed one of them I’d be happy for them. I guess not everybody thinks the way I do

Comment

More importantly , who cares. How does another man hunting a high fence place affect you? Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            I don’t have a high fence place and only hunted one several times. One of those times was every year with my kids during Thanksgiving we went to Chaparral TPWD Hunt for does and spikes. Many folks left without seeing a thing. We always had a great time and deer were just as wild as the ones on outside. Kerr same way. Been on two private places same experience. Have you guys that run it down actually ever been? I do believe in property owners rights so if they want a fence I support it
            I have a buddy with 300 acres high fenced; actually he was high fenced out or in how ever you want to say it. His neighbors all put up fences so he didn't have a choice.

Anyway he has about 20 plus axis and about the same amount of WT. There probably is more but that is all we ever see on camera and in person.
            I have sat there multiple times and not seen one axis and few WT.
            I also know another person that has 100 acres around his house and he high fenced it just for pets and to see deer not as a lease or anything and he went through and killed all the native deer and replaced with pen raised. 3 years later he thought he had all native deer well didn't 2 native bucks showed up.

I guess my point is it is possible to have a difficult hunt on a high fence especially ones that are thousands of acres. Now a 3 acre pen that is a different discussion.

Comment

I got on a high fence lease this year in East Texas. Around 5000 acres with 8 of us hunting it.
              It is a dream lease for me. Huge stands of virgin hardwood timber, hundreds of acres of food plots and a lot of good deer.

That said , I am getting my butt kicked.
              I have been hunting a dandy for the last 6 weeks. I have 3 cell cameras out and have only gotten 2 pictures of him. The other 7 have not gotten even one.

There is another that is a honest giant that they have several pictures of this summer but not one since the acorns started falling.

I have kill hundreds of deer in my long life and have had leases in the hill country and in west Texas that I could kill a deer every time I sat in a stand.

If having a fence around them is supposed to make deer easy to kill, somebody needs to tell the ones on our place

I had kinda lost my fire for hunting deer, they were just one notch up from squirrels but I find myself hard after this deer and he is winning
              Click image for larger version

Name:	135741959 - Copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	24563336

Comment

How about a bow hunting only section? Got dang rifle hunters, lol.

Comment

I'd be for it. Though I suppose I can typically tell the difference in a low and high fence deer... typically. I've debated the topic on here either, but i'll throw my two cents in.

I'm not against it at all, would be cool to get a chance one day. At the end of the day if the game CANNOT get away because it is physically trapped in a cage (no matter the size) it just takes a lot of the sport out of it to me. Not saying it isn't hard, just not as rewarding...

...TO Me

Comment

Difficulty level isn’t based on a hunt or a weekend, it’s full lifetime. However in all fairness, to show a support of unity amongst hunters - can we get a public land shared stands forum?

Comment

Good luck Buff

Comment

How about a forum for wanna be MODS who all think they have a better way of running TBH

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE-Z View Post
                          I'd be for it. Though I suppose I can typically tell the difference in a low and high fence deer... typically. I've debated the topic on here either, but i'll throw my two cents in.

I'm not against it at all, would be cool to get a chance one day. At the end of the day if the game CANNOT get away because it is physically trapped in a cage (no matter the size) it just takes a lot of the sport out of it to me. Not saying it isn't hard, just not as rewarding...

...TO Me
                          How can you or anyone else for that matter tell the difference between a low and high fence deer? I am not asking about native vs breeder.... I am scratching my head on this one. Truly interested in how they differ....

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            Good luck Buff
                            Thanks
                            This rain is supposed to let up in the morning around 8:00 am.
                            I plan to be setting in my climber at 6:00 am as full of hope a kid on Christmas eve that this storm has him laid up and when it quits he will come after some White Oak acorns.

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                              How can you or anyone else for that matter tell the difference between a low and high fence deer? I am not asking about native vs breeder.... I am scratching my head on this one. Truly interested in how they differ....
                              I knew I should have clarified. Because that's what I meant.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                How about a forum for wanna be MODS who all think they have a better way of running TBH

The dude just asked a question out of curiosity. Don't stir the pot.

Comment

Working...
                                X