Pet Insurnace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
    I use a pet insurance that is great.. it is called Trupanion...I pay monthly on each dog. You choose your deductible and it is lifetime.. not yearly... they then pay 90%.....
    Same

Comment

I'm going to have to look into it again.

Imo - I could put $50 - $100 / mo aside and pay cash for most things that come up. By paying cash, I can usually negotiate a discount, too. I think pet insurance will be like human insurance - it will drive the costs up for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
        I have it through State Farm I believe, runs me less than $50 a month for my Collie, and pays 90% of ANYTHING you have done. Easily pays for itself every year, and we’ll worth the peace of mind if anything expense ever comes up.
        Just looked back and it’s through Nationwide. Costs me $48.02 a month and they cover EVERYTHING. Anytime I take her to the vet I just fax or email them a copy of what was done and they get a check right back to me.

Comment

I had it back a few years ago and had a bad experience with two companies. First company didnt want to pay a claim and it took 6 weeks and a couple written letters from my vet to recoup the $1300 (total bill was $2500) after deductible and copay. That was $50/month or so and paid a little over a year on that policy. I guess its safe to say I saved $650 or so. Dumped them after they paid the claim because of the hassle.

Second company didnt want to pay for antibiotics because they were trying to say it was a pre existing condition. It was a skin infection. After that, I just gave up. I figure at $50/mo ($600/yr) if my dog has something in his 10 year lifetime, it would have to be over $6k to be worth it. My two dogs I have now dont really have any issues. I'll pay cash for vet bills.

Comment

Do they cover preexisting injuries? Looks like mine had a stroke last night. She is getting old and seems like stuff keeps happening to her.

Comment

I'm thinking about getting it for my doberman. His dad had a bunch of issues and I ended up paying like $6-7k in vet bills last year. Didn't even think about it, my dad kept telling me to put him down, just ain't easy for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear82 View Post
                Do they cover preexisting injuries? Looks like mine had a stroke last night. She is getting old and seems like stuff keeps happening to her.
                Nope

Comment

Amazing! Many folks don’t even insure their kids!

Comment

Wow. I didn't even know this was a real thing. I've never even bought human insurance for myself.

Comment

We have 3 insured and it pays for itself, we use Healthy Paws with a 90% payback after a $250 deductible. 1 major incident can be $10k, so pay now or pay later.

Comment

This is a decent web site to compare different companies. They all have strengths and weaknesses.

We rank the best pet insurance companies using over 150,000 reviews from real pet parents like you. Finding the right pet insurance policy just got...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get the insurance. Had a freak accident with my puppy last night and had to get surgery. $3k out of pocket. Wish I would have gotten the dang insurance sooner.

Comment

I think pet insurance is a way to treat our pets with more responsibility. All my pets are insured and, in my opinion, this is a minimum that I must do for them.

All info about pet insurances I`ve found on PetInsuranceFinder.com. I hope this web service will help you too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                              I'm going to have to look into it again.

Imo - I could put $50 - $100 / mo aside and pay cash for most things that come up. By paying cash, I can usually negotiate a discount, too. I think pet insurance will be like human insurance - it will drive the costs up for everyone.
                              Exactly what our vet told us.

Comment

If it was such a great thing overall for consumers, insurance companies would not offer it

Comment

Working...
                                X