Pet Insurnace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pet Insurnace

A different thread got me thinking about this. Anyone know much about it?

I have it through State Farm I believe, runs me less than $50 a month for my Collie, and pays 90% of ANYTHING you have done. Easily pays for itself every year, and we’ll worth the peace of mind if anything expense ever comes up.

Comment

I've got it through Pets Best on my lab and my wife's Westy. Definitely paid for itself when the Westy got tagged by a rattler. That bill was $7,500 and pet insurance covered 80% of everything after the deductible. Well worth it!!

Comment

I use a pet insurance that is great.. it is called Trupanion...I pay monthly on each dog. You choose your deductible and it is lifetime.. not yearly... they then pay 90%.....

Comment

A lot of them have low payouts. I will check out the ones you guys recommended though!

Comment

The options have improved the last decade.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Do they cover heart worm meds and all that? Trifexus is expensive

Comment

Mine is through Nationwide and it is a hair less than $50 apiece for my 2 Rotties.

Comment

i would be interested to hear their max.

As with an older dog 8+ it almost seems too good to be true if something major happens. 90% coverage is good IMO

Comment

How do you handle claims? Does the vet file & if so do you have to use. Vet that accepts that insurance? Or do you pay out of pocket and then get reimbursed?

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      How do you handle claims? Does the vet file & if so do you have to use. Vet that accepts that insurance? Or do you pay out of pocket and then get reimbursed?
                      AllState said EVERY vet is on their plan

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        This is the way ours works. But they paid quickly every time we've submitted something and never really questioned anything.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

As with an older dog 8+ it almost seems too good to be true if something major happens. 90% coverage is good IMO

I doubt they’d ensure him/her, if they did it would be crazy expensive. You gotta get them on it young and have an exam done first to make sure they don’t have any preexisting problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just talked to my buddy who writes all sorts of insurances, he said hes got a pretty good one.
                            90% reimburment up to $10k annually.
                            $250 deductible
                            cost is $50/month for my 10month old purebred lab.

let me know if you want his info and I will shoot you his name and number and he can get you a quote

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

asked him about your dog too, assuming its a lab (just guessed) the max would be up to 15k. you can select lower amounts though for cheaper rates

Comment

Working...
                              X