3D printer fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    I saved my bottle money up and bought a Barlow when I was 7. You ought to see what they are doing with Inconel and other materials down here at the shop. Really cool stuff.
    I've seen some metal 3D printers in action. It's crazy what they can produce through that process. Truly can make you head explode.

They're taking plant protein chains now and 3D printing "meat" that can be cooked and eaten. Houses....no problem....extrude cement through a huge 3d printer.

We do a 3D design unit with my 3rd-5th graders where they use SketchUp to model 3D solids and then build something on their own that then gets printed for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
      I saved my bottle money up and bought a Barlow when I was 7. You ought to see what they are doing with Inconel and other materials down here at the shop. Really cool stuff.

I've got a pretty good idea. But can only imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
        https://markforged.com/metal-x/

If I could afford one....lol.
        These metal printers are WAY cool. I've read about companies using them to 3D print silencers, cores, etc.
        I got a friend that works for mark forged, he has a YouTube channel called shop nation that he uses his printer occasionally

Comment

Came out nice, and great idea showing him responsibility.

Comment

That’s awesome and it came out great

Comment

Working...
            X