Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You want Gilead ...?

...because this is how you get Gilead.

Climate activist groups plan to "Shut Down D.C." early Monday morning, aiming "to take action all over the district to disrupt business as usual." | Politics

Oh my gosh... That's a grown man dressed up like a bee.... face plant in 3...2....1....

Comment

I wonder how much of his time,energy and money went into prepping for the protest, working out the logistics, searching and acquiring the bee costume, creating signage and so forth all to disrupt DC's commute that day. And how much of his actual personal time he spends truly working on solving and preventing the dying off of our pollinating bees?

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
        ...because this is how you get Gilead.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...rning-commute/
        Ones holding a sign that reads "windmills don't spill".
        Uh, yes they do. They spill transmission fluid quite often.

Comment

Saw some updated video's coming out of DC during lunch...it appears they are now dancing and twerking in the street.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
            Yep, and no mention of the thousands of birds (including Bald Eagles) they've killed to date.

Comment

I bet the environmental impact of building those things makes them about as clean as a good old diesel engine

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                I bet the environmental impact of building those things makes them about as clean as a good old diesel engine
                I read somewhere, that the carbon footprint just to manufacture these things will never produce the "green" to compensate for it. Plus it cost more to build and erect than what it will ever make off of the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                  I read somewhere, that the carbon footprint just to manufacture these things will never produce the "green" to compensate for it. Plus it cost more to build and erect than what it will ever make off of the wind.
                  Other than President Obama, and Global Warming, wind power is the biggest fraud ever perpetuated on the American people. There is absolutely nothing renewable about a windmill. Wind power costs more than any other power generation.

Comment

Not to mention... honey bees are part of the problem, just like the folks that brought hogs over. They're non-native and bring disease to natural pollinators that we didnt have before... but it's easier to rally around save the bees or your evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                      Not to mention... honey bees are part of the problem, just like the folks that brought hogs over. They're non-native and bring disease to natural pollinators that we didnt have before... but it's easier to rally around save the bees or your evil.
                      Wow I have never heard that before. Time for me to do some research on this. I have always been a huge proponent of population increase of the honey bee.

Traveling through the farmlands in China about 8 years ago and watching hundreds of people out in the fields with little paintbrushes going from flower to flower trying to pollinate them because they had no insects left was an eye opening experience for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        Wow I have never heard that before. Time for me to do some research on this. I have always been a huge proponent of population increase of the honey bee.

Traveling through the farmlands in China about 8 years ago and watching hundreds of people out in the fields with little paintbrushes going from flower to flower trying to pollinate them because they had no insects left was an eye opening experience for me.
                        Yeah, between our continual change to non-native plants, the fact that honey bees carry different pathogens than natives, they're better at protecting their habitat because they're hives vs native bees and pollinators that generally have more spread colonies, etc. Its like hogs but in a world where humans want more hogs than everything else.

Honey bees will be fine. It's the other 3,999 species of bees in North America we need to worry about.

This study points out that even with managed bees, pollination rates are better with wild bee diversity.

Biggest thing is the fact that they're non-native here.
                        Negative effects were more common with managed bees outside of their native range (58% of studies) as compared to managed bees within their native range (37%). From that study... the percentages here being percentage of studies by region. Then lster..

The majority of studies (70%) reported negative effects of managed bees on wild bees via pathogen transmission, with 15% reporting no effects and an additional 15% reporting mixed effects.
                        Last edited by Hooverfb; 09-24-2019, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Notice that the hardcore left is outright calling each other comrade..... they’re not even trying to hide their motives anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah right after they go up in flames in a cloud of thick, black smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              Yeah right after they go up in flames in a cloud of thick, black smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Yep! Watched the maintenance crews changing oil in one. Those beasts hold 55 gallons of whatever oil it is and the oil has to be heated so it is thin enough to be pumped up to the top. Takes them 4 hours to change the oil/fluid. Pretty cool to watch. Oh, and the guy that climbs up inside the tower to attach the hoses is about 20 years younger than the rest of the crew

Comment

Working...
                              X