Last Fishing Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
    That's awesome as it gets! Bet your arms were ready to fall off by the end of that trip.
    Went to Yemen 5 years ago. That was a “reel” *** beating. GTs there will kill you. Both are great. I love fishing for these monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Pope View Post
      Went to Yemen 5 years ago. That was a “reel” *** beating. GTs there will kill you. Both are great. I love fishing for these monsters.
      Yup definitely on my must catch list.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
        What was your last fishing trip?

I'm not talking about the last time you hooked your boat up or kayak, or even fishing from the bank, but the last time you drove somewhere, spent the night, and was fishing the entire trip?

For me it was June 2018. Took the boat and a friend down to Corpus Christi. For me it was a learning experience. For my buddy it was a chance to fish from a boat.

What I learned from that trip is a mushroom anchor, at least in that part of the Texas coast, is useless. My trolling motor is not strong enough for the coastal wind. When I tried to use it on max, I'd trip the breaker Not a problem on lakes I fish, as most of the time, I don't need the max. Down there you do.

I also learned that even though I went with someone that goes fishing down there 6 to 7 times a year, I still need to plan the trip. He fishes in a kayak and was always when an eye shot of where he put in with his yak.

While we completely struck out on catching fish, I still enjoyed the trip.

Didn't plan anything like that for 2019, but I think this spring we need to go back.

So, what was your last trip?
        A few days before Harvey.

Comment

I fish a lot. I have a place in Sargent and go often. I try to plan an out of town trip a couple times a year. I really like going somewhere and having nothing else to do but fish. Thinking about Rockport area this year.

Comment

Just got back today from a 3 day trip to Aransas Pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
              Fishing is overrated compared to hunting........IMO��
              Your Opion is not worthy on this thread. Good day, Ma'am

Now go fix some sandwiches.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                Last summer when I took my sons to Baffin Bay Rod and Gun Club. Great trip
                I am available for adoption!

Comment

Spent almost 600 dollars to take my dad fishing with a guide at Rockport. His first ever saltwater trip. Caught 1 8 inch jack crevalle while the guide texted his girlfriend the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by Possum Fat View Post
                    Spent almost 600 dollars to take my dad fishing with a guide at Rockport. His first ever saltwater trip. Caught 1 8 inch jack crevalle while the guide texted his girlfriend the whole time.

Next time look up Coastal Ducks from here, Capt. Glenn Ging and y’all will have a fantastic trip.

Comment

Last place I fished on a trip was in a stream in Colorado. Went to hunt but I had to wet a line while I was there.. I didn't catch anything but i had fun..

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                        Your Opion is not worthy on this thread. Good day, Ma'am

Now go fix some sandwiches.
                        Ha! This is a “hunting” site dude! Now go soak your minners somewhere else! I kid....I kid! Fishing just never did it for me like hunting has! But enjoy your your time whatever you do

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                          Went tuna fishing with bunch of guys from here December 27
                          Same! Great time with good friends!

Comment

Feb1st "80 degrees in February equals Big Bluecats!!!!" on YouTube

Comment

Took a trip to the White River in Arkansas with the guys. Beautiful area and great fishing. Go if you’ve never been. Worth the drive.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                                Fishing is overrated compared to hunting........IMO��

Says people who can't fish!!!

I go fishing about 3 days a week but if I had to recall my last overnight trip it would be the Crappie Expo 2019. Fished Lake Hamilton for 8 days straight! While the fishing was terrible it was an awesome experience and the whole town treated us like rockstars!

Got one more weekend of guide trips then hopefully can get to D'arbonne and maybe Grenada! People are starting to call for spring break trips though too so who knows!

Slew

Comment

Working...
                                X