Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You got that place in full production mode! Labor of love no doubt

Comment

Cool to see the bees thriving so well. Lots of good health benefits by having your own local raw honey. I used to have terrible allergies in the spring and summer but haven't had any issues with them since using our own honey. I sure don't miss the itchy eyes and runny nose that's for sure.

You got a lot going on out there Bobby. You and Mary are on your way to being self sufficient brother. Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        Mary pulled our first Honey frame today. Bees are doing great. Legit beekeeper come and bartered for some rabbits today and he pulled the frames and looked at them. I think we're going to split our hive.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
        My wife just bought a beekeeper starter kit. May be hitting you up for some advice!

Comment

Living the dream, congrats Bobby I really enjoyed this thread.

Comment

Thanks guys. Moving baby quail into grow out cage tomorrow.

Today was busy! New battery on the Kubota, cleaned air filter and radiator as well.

Changed oil on the Kawasaki mule. Made a half-arse video:

Cleaned quail and rabbit water systems (buckets, tubing, drinking nipples).

2 pitchers of rum rummers while I tried to catch a mole in a trap.

Grilled some good brats and hot dogs.

Hoping to get some fall garden tilling done tomorrow.

Comment

Having some bobcat issues around our rabbit cages. Going to see what I can do with this new tomahawk live trap.

Comment

Moved the recently hatched quail out of the brooder and into their new place today.

Mary found a nice bug screen at the auto parts store that goes over the front of your truck. Using that on top of the wire to protect their feet until they get a little older.

Comment

Comment

If you cage up a live rabbit, and place it at the back of the cage, And make it so the bobcat can only get to the rabbit by going into the trap, you might get it. Brush up the sides and back so the cat can't get to it from that direction. Only way to get close to the rabbit is through the trap. There are some live traps out there where the live bait cage is inside the trap. And a coyote or bobcat can't get to it, or harm it.

Comment

Busy day today! Used a chain drag over several acres to pick up roots, sticks, weeds, etc. It did a nice job. But it's an ***** kicker trying to flip it over and clean it out when it gets full.

Got a 3rd feeder set up in view of the cabins. Had to do some wiring on the battery and solar panel. 6 bags of corn, an old Browning camera, and back in bidness.

Mary decided to get us some honey today. She pulled two frames and got us several bottles of deeeeelicious spring honey. Bees were set out in March so we are very happy to be getting honey already.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgh53o4rG_Q"]First Honey Harvest from our bees @KCA Ranch & Homestead - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Always an adventure. Lost five baby quail this morning two in the belly and three dead in the cage.

Comment

Is that your new pen? How did it get in?

Comment

At $200 per bottle for the honey, how much for two teaspoons? I wanna taste test it before order-n.

Sorry snake. Wish he would have minded his own bidness.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                              Is that your new pen? How did it get in?
                              I had 1" x 1 1/2" wire on the sides. Snake got in about half way then started killing birds. He was stuck. I covered everything with 1/2" wire today.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                At $200 per bottle for the honey, how much for two teaspoons? I wanna taste test it before order-n.

Sorry snake. Wish he would have minded his own bidness.
                                Come visit one day. You can take home quail, rabbit, honey. [emoji106][emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                                X