Yesterday was not good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
    Prayers Up & Good Luck. Hope the A/C doesn't cost you what mine did.

This, we had to replace an entire 7 year old unit last year…that was a hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post

Our 12 year old unit is shot. Parts unavailable. Getting a new system next Friday. Going to be a hot week for the family.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
        Not sure that in todays litigious society, that was a wise announcement. Back injuries could sky rocket…….;(
        That was my first thought. A lot of companies won’t telegraph that move.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
          Our 12 year old unit is shot. Parts unavailable. Getting a new system next Friday. Going to be a hot week for the family.
          Sorry to hear this. We just went through this.

Comment

Wow… sorry to hear that GE. 12 years is not horribly old. What brand is it?

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post

No warranty on a 7 year unit?

Comment

Sorry to hear about the closing. I too went through this. In Rockdale, we lost Alcoa , the smelter and atomizer. The mines and powerplant along with all the subcontractors. It was a bad time around here. My retirement plan went out the door. Keep your head up. I’m a firm believer that things happen for a reason. Keep the faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Wow… sorry to hear that GE. 12 years is not horribly old. What brand is it?
                  Lennox. It's 92 in the house right now. Got a portable a/c unit on the way.

Comment

Lennox. It's 92 in the house right now. Got a portable a/c unit on the way.

That’s some bad luck right there. The Lennoxes seem to be pretty solid machines in my research

Comment

That’s some bad luck right there. The Lennoxes seem to be pretty solid machines in my research

Our house was built with a Lennox unit in it. It lasted 10 years.

Comment

I'm not hearing good things about Lennox right now. Tech said they are having the most problems right now.

I think tomorrow I'll get a hotel room for us and get at least one night of relief.

Comment

Well hell....glad I didn't go that route.. Sorry man...

Comment

Randy sorry to hear about the bad luck! Hope it opens up something you can sink your teeth into. What size unit do you need? My mom's house is going to be bulldozed next month but her existing unit is a 3 ton with propane. Not sure if it could work for you.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Retirement is a good thing Randy!!!
                              Hope you have some cold air soon!!

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                                Only 1 good thing to say about getting older, it beats not.
                                That’s a true statement !!!

I’m sorry to hear of this closing,Randy, but on the bright side, they gave some warning notice…better than getting a 2 week notice with no advance warning.

What reasons did they give for the closing? Is this division not profitable; corporate trying to squeeze out more profit by cutting costs? Any severance pay and package after 46 years?

Are you amenable to a move if an opening shows up in another town?

Comment

Working...
                                X