No announcement yet.

Finally Made it to Casper WY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations on your move. This is our home and where I was raised. You will thoroughly enjoy all this area has to offer.
    Welcome to Wyoming.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wasnt there some low level routes through there back in the day? I remember Rawlings altimiter settings.
      Last edited by denimdeerslayer; 05-31-2022, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
        Wasnt there some low level routes through there back in the day? I remember Rawlings altimiter settings.
        Our guard does training flights along I-80 on north end of the Snowy Range, at Arlington. Also helicopter flights through Sybille canyon for FE Warren. Both hugging the mountains or canyon walls.
        I've seen low level training jets near Lusk in Eastern Wyo.
        Either of those maybe?

Casper is a beautiful town and area, just too big for us but better weather than ours here in Laramie.
        Hope you enjoy this little taste of spring we're having right now.

Comment

Cool

Is property any cheaper there than NE Texas?

Comment

That’s beautiful! That ain’t Montana, but I’m sure that’s what Jake had in his head when describing cattlemen’s paradise to Woodrow and Gus.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
              Our guard does training flights along I-80 on north end of the Snowy Range, at Arlington. Also helicopter flights through Sybille canyon for FE Warren. Both hugging the mountains or canyon walls.
              I've seen low level training jets near Lusk in Eastern Wyo.
              Either of those maybe?

Casper is a beautiful town and area, just too big for us but better weather than ours here in Laramie.
              Hope you enjoy this little taste of spring we're having right now.
              I will be in Laramie as well next, what’s a good restaurant?

Comment

Welcome to big sky country from SW Montana. We retired and love it here.

3 years ago our son got married here on June 22. I went to help set up the day before. My wife called frantic from Bozeman where we rented that she couldn’t get to the wedding- there was 6” of fresh snow. And she had the bride’s dress with her! It all came together and the wedding day was sunny.

Montana also has a high suicide rate, especially elderly men. It’s the ‘cowboy mentality’ that men here don’t ask for help on personal problems- and they lead to depression.

Learn about grizzly bear behavior and self defense. Find if your fish snd game department has a program to train using inert bear spray canisters and a bear on wheels. Then buy a 10mm XD or Glock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                  I will be in Laramie as well next, what’s a good restaurant?
                  Humm, not much for special meal. Rib and Chop house for a steak but I'm not a big fan. Alibi for wood fired pizza, expensive drinks though, Crowbar has good pizza. The Library has good bar type food, burgers etc and craft beer. Altitudes is local owned, downtown too.
                  I would go downtown, grab a beer or drink and walk around to find what looks good to you.
                  We have open container now downtown through summer, no in cars or alleys.

17th St cafe for breakfast or Prairie Rose downtown.

Comment

I always had to have a shoe burger when in town at the horseshoe bar. We closed our shop there during covid so hadn't been in a while

Comment

I spent about 6 months in Casper...Fantastic city and area compared to Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
                        So this is where I call home now. Sold the House in the DFW area and sold the Ranch in Rocksprings. (Yea, I'm Sad). But this is where the Kids and Grandkids are. This is my view looking south from the North Platte River in Casper.

BTW it 43 degrees here this morning. Im in short sleeves ;-)
                        Is this the view from your new home?

Nice scenery.

Comment

Nice, love that area.

Comment

Congrats just left Jackson a few days ago and it snowed hard

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I was up there a few years ago for work and really enjoyed it. Pronghorn were everywhere and we hiked the hills outside of town. The group I had with me was blown away by the scenery.

Comment

Working...
                                X