Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trijicon accupoint 3-9x40

Comment

I ran a 2.5x 10 VX3lr on mine, I wouldn’t go less than 2x8 if it were me. 375 shooting 300 grain is well capable of 2-300 yards no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I too recently ended up with a 375H&H-- a beautiful LEFTY CZ550 Safari-- mine came with a VX3 1.5-5x20 in a set of Alaska Arms QD rings.

I am fully confident the scope would provide plenty of magnification and range to reach plains game.

HOWEVER-- I am not a fan of small OBJ LPVOs--- anything in the 20-24-28mm range really does limit light transmission during the twilight periods, especially if you have the magnification toward the high end. If you absolutely have to have 1-1.5x on the low end just make sure you do it with the trade off of shooting light in mind.

I believe a VX5HD 2-10x42 would provide great capability to that rifle up close and at distance on critters small and large.

I think the unlimited budget choice would be a Swaro Z6i or Z8i- illuminated reticle as mentioned above and with a lower bottom end but a great obj size in the 1.7-10x42 or the 1.7-13x42.

Comment

Originally posted by BBRU View Post
          I ran a 2.5x8 leupold for a long time. I now have a 1.5x5 leupold. I want to go back to 2.5x8
          I have yet to fire the first shot out of that rifle. I found some 235gr Speer hot cores that are really suppose to perform well.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
            I have yet to fire the first shot out of that rifle. I found some 235gr Speer hot cores that are really suppose to perform well.
            I am loading the Barnes 300 gr TSX and they are very accurate in my rifle.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, I will sell the Zeiss 1-4x24 scope I just bought and install the scope I just bought - Leupold vx5 2-10x42 on a set of quick detach Leupold bases and rings. Thanks for all the help. Now to find some bullets!

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                Leupold Vx-6 2-12x42 or vx5 2-10x42 problem solved
                Have the 2-10 on mine and it’s money.

Comment

Working...
                X