Brushy hill 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stickman View Post
    I set up a tripod where that top yellow circle is once and I was covered up in deer. Problem was the mature bucks came out on the opposite side of that opening. So, I set up over there also. Long story short, they came out each time on the side I wasn’t on. Those deer are really smart.
    Tough luck bud.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter14 View Post
      We saw a few young bucks at our blind and a bunch of hogs. We saw does around the pasture but none came by our blinds. Hogs came right to the corn but the deer didn't seem interested and just walked right past the corn.
      Was there corn in the feeders? Was the corn route being run?

Comment

Originally posted by zkrolczyk95 View Post
        Was there corn in the feeders? Was the corn route being run?

Feeders and a corn route don't really mean anything, unless you want a shot at some hogs. What brings deer to corn is mainly the "conditions" of the natural browse. Some years you think deer will be coming to corn like crazy, and they don't come at all. Other years it seems they would not likely come, but they come like clockwork. I have just about given up on trying to figure it out, but I believe it is the timing of the rain through the summer and leading up to season opening. If it is natural browse they are craving, and it is available , the corn is not going to do much.

Anybody got any details about your recent hunt at brushy hill?

Comment

Originally posted by dvinson View Post
          If you are setting up your own blind, here are two areas you might want to consider. Have seen action in both.
          Lol now that you posted that pic on the internet by the time he goes 20 people will have already hunted there.

We will be down there Nov 30th-Dec 3. Always have a good time although it was very tough hunting last year.

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
            Lol now that you posted that pic on the internet by the time he goes 20 people will have already hunted there.

We will be down there Nov 30th-Dec 3. Always have a good time although it was very tough hunting last year.

My buddy and I have been hunting there for about 5 years. Have had a pretty good time overall. Last year was, like you said, tough. If they won't come to corn, it's hard in a short amount to see too many deer. We are from henderson.
            It's very green there right now, hunting tough again. I'm hoping something will change by Nov. 26, when we get there. What pasture do yaw normally hunt? We have tried several.

Comment

Will be there Friday next week, 16th--19th Waiver pasture, hope its dried out some but weather shows rain every day were there.

God Bless
              Bish

Comment

Originally posted by dvinson View Post
                My buddy and I have been hunting there for about 5 years. Have had a pretty good time overall. Last year was, like you said, tough. If they won't come to corn, it's hard in a short amount to see too many deer. We are from henderson.
                It's very green there right now, hunting tough again. I'm hoping something will change by Nov. 26, when we get there. What pasture do yaw normally hunt? We have tried several.
                We have always hunted the Will Rhem

Comment

Solocamshoofer how do you like will rhem

Comment

good looking spot

Comment

Bring a dummy blind also.

Comment

Any updates from Brushy Hill? Anybody seeing deer down there?

Comment

No updates ???

Comment

Has anyone ever made a pit blind out there? Was thinking about giving it a try

Comment

Just got back Monday from Brushy Hill. I was with Bish and his daughter in the Waver Tree pasture. It was my first time at the ranch. Hunting was tough due to all the rain late in the year. But Bish's daughter was able to knock down a doe and show the old guys how it's done.

I saw a couple of non shooter bucks in 3 days (6 hunts). I just hunted out of ground blinds, so my view was limited. But when I go back next year, I'll bring a tripod and a couple of extra game cameras. Use the cameras and tripod to scout for a couple of days, then relocate.

Good luck,

Jimbow

Comment

Heading out to Brushy Hill next Thursday. Any new reports?

Comment

Working...
                                X