Budget Home Build!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
    Thank goodness. Was getting bored at work.
    yup

Comment

I'm still in

Comment

Been a unproductive start this week frame wise. Ordered material for delivery and waiting. Looks like no walls are going up until Friday or Saturday. Electricity is now on site so that's a plus!

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
          Been a unproductive start this week frame wise. Ordered material for delivery and waiting. Looks like no walls are going up until Friday or Saturday. Electricity is now on site so that's a plus!

Having power is a game changer!

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
            Having power is a game changer!
            Yes sir!!!! Things should speed up with a compressor and nail gun!

Comment

In

Comment

Following. I built mine in 1999/2000 when I 25y/o. I did everything except well, septic and cabinets. Yours looks better built than mine. Good lord it was a lot of work. But it has sure paid off over the years! Since then I have built my shed and shop, too. You should be proud.

Comment

you need too get your butt back to work slacker

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                    http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=409038

I like how he did his foundation
                    Just another (different) way
                    But I wonder if his well settle but I doubt this one with 48 sunken piers will
                    No settling yet. Under that thin layer of dirt you see is all bedrock.

Comment

following.

(like the generous crawl space. Very handy when plumbing repairs, or anything else, needs to be done.)

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                        you need too get your butt back to work slacker
                        I'm beat. I took on another ranch managing job this week and may have overloaded myself. I need to get this house done ASAP!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                          Following. I built mine in 1999/2000 when I 25y/o. I did everything except well, septic and cabinets. Yours looks better built than mine. Good lord it was a lot of work. But it has sure paid off over the years! Since then I have built my shed and shop, too. You should be proud.
                          Congrats. It's definitely a great feeling. Best part was being debt free. I built mine in 2009 when I was 23. Feeling the age this go around. Lol

Comment

I've got 10 acres to mow this evening and will be framing tomorrow morning! Will update more tomorrow.

Comment

Well today did not go as planned. I was really hoping to get 4 side walls completed and up. Had to work cattle this morning and came over here around 9 to get started. Electrical issue delayed me another 3 hrs. Finally got it all running and then had to meet with an Antler Chandelier customer. Came back around 1pm and after 10 or so shots with the nail gun it quit on me. Went to town and got a new one and then realized the nails I had didn't work with this one. Back to town I went for a 4th time today! Seemed like everything was against me. Finally got over here around 6pm with everything I needed and have the front wall ready except for headers. Maybe tomorrow after church things will go better for me. I have help coming to raise walls tomorrow!

I'm done with this today. Back to the barn and seenif I can't make progress on some Antler orders.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                                I've got 10 acres to mow this evening and will be framing tomorrow morning! Will update more tomorrow.
                                Looking good!

Can you do another budget update after you get all four walls (and maybe rafters?) up?

Comment

Working...
                                X