No announcement yet.

fixed broad heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love my solids bought before I had to cut an arm off to pay for a pack but the two blade with 3/4” bleeder is devestating and flies almost identical with my field tips past 80 yards.... warranty doesn’t hurt either [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love my PX2's can't go wrong don't need a big name to have a great head. These are almost indestructible.
      Attached Files

Comment

I would shoot Ramcat but they don't fit right in my quiver (I might be doing something wrong, I have a tightspot) and they aren't made in USA anymore. If those two things lined up that's what I would shoot. Grim Reaper for the win here. I've never connected on an animal and not seen it drop.

Comment

Big fan of nap hell razor 100 shot thunderhead 85”s for years , so much more penetration with fixed but like above shot placement is key. Nobody makes a broad head that doesnt kill

Comment

Muzzy Phantom SC, or the Magnus Stinger and Magnus Black Hornet. Muzzys are great, the phantom sc is by far my favorite. The magnus heads are great as well, they fly like darts!

Comment

I've tried several but went back to Slick Trick Magnums.

For tougher animals I use the DRT single bevel.

Comment

4 blade 100 gn muzzy............have never let me down

Comment

I have used many, I don't use mechanicals. I really like QAD Exodus. I have also used Muzzy a lot, both the older 3 blade and the newer MX-3. I really liked the Solid Legend's I had but those are very pricey. When I shot trad I used Magnus mostly in glue on. I do still have 3 Snuffer SS's. I have 3 Sick Trick Magnums also but I have never used them and I managed to lose one of the washers somehow haha.

Comment

I’m a fan of anything Magnus makes.

Would like to try to VPAs, NAP Hellrazors, and Simmons Sharks too.

I like a true COC head, just to give me the best chance of a full pass through.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post
                      I still shoot nap thunderhead 100s. Been shooting them for 20 years and I ain’t switching.
                      These^^^^^
                      I've shot muzzy', slick tricks and t-heads. With a well tuned bow they'll all shoot good but the t-heads always took the least amount ( if any) tuning and are super sharp out of the box. With that said I currently shoot Rage hypos's.

Comment

I'm a muzzy 100 grain fan....

Comment

Any of the top brand fixed blades are great heads to shoot. The Slick Tricks you have will get the job done. They are a well built head and when put in the right place will result in a lethal shot and quick recovery. Don't let one thread deter you from using them. They are a well respected fixed blade in the bowhunting community along with some of the others mentioned above.

Good Luck

Comment

Don’t overlook WASP products. Very pleased with the new Dart 4 blade fixed head. Also have the Jak Knife & Jak Hammer mechanicals. Have 3 Dart & Knife heads loaded in my quiver.

Comment

Broadheads are opinions.

There are things to look at. Do you shoot behind the leg. Soft tissue. If so it don’t matter pick a head you like. I would look at edge retention. A cheep Head will dull before coming out the other side. This is not good.

If your a leg shooter. Then you look at a stronger head. Make sure blades are thinker look at the shape, long narrow heads perform better in the thicker parts of the animals. Not always but most of time.

If your a leg shooter and take quarter to you shots. Then leg bone is going to be a problem. This is where you look at single bevel heads. Build with foc and mass.

There are things to always look at. Don’t for get draw weight and draw length. Lower draw weight and shorter draw lengths do better with high mechincal advantage over low meachnical advantage. Low draw and short draw do matter with MA heads in the 1.5 and greater.

Now I realize some of what I just wrote don’t mean crap to most. Most people just buy what looks good or what ever the pro they happen to like is shooting and or what ever is the cheapest at Walmart. But that is not what archery is about. It’s about understanding your equipment what it will do for you and harvesting animals

Comment

this is a good place to read on instructions for building a good hunting arrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X