No announcement yet.

Ground Blind Chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After going numb below the waist yesterday after only 2.5 hours of sitting, i might be in the market for a new blind chair also.

Comment

This is what I do, and it's great: go to your local sporting goods store and pick out a camping folding chair that is comfortable with a high back. Some even come with built in pillows. Now, take it home and simply cut off the tubing for the arm rests. Just make sure you leave enough tubing to where the seats leave won't slip out. Then, at the end of those tubes, simply take black duct tape and wrap the ends. And now, you have a super comfortable chair that will fold and have its own carrier. I also bungee cord it to my pop up back pack so it's easy to carry as well. You're welcome
      Last edited by Efren; 10-11-2018, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Chama chair with a Mystery Ranch Pup-up day pack. I'm pretty happy with this setup. Thanks for all the suggestions.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by nonamehoff; 10-12-2018, 06:32 PM. Reason: I eat glue.

Comment

Good deal on the Chama chair... I have one and think it is awesome!! It's a bit on the heavy side but extremely comfortable and well built...

Comment

looks like a good setup.

Comment

Originally posted by blood-sport View Post
              Don't waste any time, buy this chair.. The best dang chair you'll ever buy.. I hate buying twice or more!! In the last 5 years I've purchased 3 or 4 chairs, they all suck !!

This chair will change your life and you'll only need to buy ONE !!

With adjustable tripod legs, folding design and full-back ComfortMAX seat, the G100 chair is perfect for ground blind applications in any season. The G100 gives you a combination of comfort, quiet, and excellent positioning — the height adjustment can be made from 13 to 18 inches. No matter what blind you are in, you will be in a good position to see the game and take your best shot. It’s also pre-drilled to hold the G101 optional shooting stick or can match up with the optional M600 bow-holder. With Millennium’s sturdy and durable aluminum construction and long-lasting, super comfortable ComfortMAX seat fabric, this could be the last ground blind chair you’ll ever need. This lightweight, packable, exceptionally comfortable design is perfect for deer hunting, turkey hunting, dove hunting or any other outdoor activity.

good luck fellas
              A guy had one of these chairs at a local archery range here in SA. He let me sit in it and try it out. Very solid chair. Fairly light too. Boy was it comfortable. Said he bought it from midwayusa. Cheaper than their website. Might be my next chair. Still, it is on the pricey side. Right now I am using a double bull blind chair which is fairly comfortable. Just don't like that it doesn't rotate and isn't as comfortable as that Millennium chair. I actually took a picture of it so when I was ready I could look it up.

Comment

Millennium is the way I would go.

I have 2 of the lock on stands and they are the only ones I can stay in all day and not be hurting

They have even branched out into the marine market

Buy once, cry once

Comment

I found some school chairs that were being tossed so I picked one up and came up with this
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	20151113_102838.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	24559410

Click image for larger version

Name:	20151113_102850.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	24559411

Comment

Agree

Originally posted by blood-sport View Post
                    Don't waste any time, buy this chair.. The best dang chair you'll ever buy.. I hate buying twice or more!! In the last 5 years I've purchased 3 or 4 chairs, they all suck !!

This chair will change your life and you'll only need to buy ONE !!

With adjustable tripod legs, folding design and full-back ComfortMAX seat, the G100 chair is perfect for ground blind applications in any season.

good luck fellas
                    100% agree. Most comfortable chair I've ever bought.

Comment

Originally posted by Efren View Post
                      This is what I do, and it's great: go to your local sporting goods store and pick out a camping folding chair that is comfortable with a high back. Some even come with built in pillows. Now, take it home and simply cut off the tubing for the arm rests. Just make sure you leave enough tubing to where the seats leave won't slip out. Then, at the end of those tubes, simply take black duct tape and wrap the ends. And now, you have a super comfortable chair that will fold and have its own carrier. I also bungee cord it to my pop up back pack so it's easy to carry as well. You're welcome
                      I use a modified director type folding chair with the flip used shelf. I extend the backrest with a couple short lengths of pvc and a good seat cushion and for ground level blinds I also cut a couple inches off the legs so that I don’t have to sit hunched to see out the windows.

Comment

I like a director chair with either an attached tray or some kind of bag on the side for a rangefinder and a drink. I found some crazy cheap at academy one time and they have lasted three years with one seam busted on one chair. Not bad for the money

Comment

I want to check out the Chama Chair. For a smaller, lighter option, I have used this for 2 years hunting now and really like it:

Whooo just saw the price, and way cheaper!

Comment

Originally posted by chastings77 View Post
                            I want to check out the Chama Chair. For a smaller, lighter option, I have used this for 2 years hunting now and really like it:

Whooo just saw the price, and way cheaper!

Ouch! That link points to one of those 3 legged stools. Done those. Way to uncomfortable after about 30 min.

Comment

The only problem I have with the Millennium is it tends to put me to sleep. Hands down the most comfortable I have tried. Con is it is pricey.

Comment

I got the Chama chair at $50 off regular price on their site, and it arrived pretty qickly from the Austin area.

I took it on a Colorado Elk hunt, and it performed exceptionally well.

Highly recommended.

Comment

Working...
                                X