2021 White Bass Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hendo View Post
    Flex, they are in the South bosque just caught about 15 in a couple hours. North should be in fire this weekend but I’m sure there will be tons of traffic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sweet. I'll go whichever one depending on wind.

Usually my best spot in the south is that deep stretch right after that branch off that goes under 84.

Only fished north a few times. But they're usually both crowded. I'm excited for Saturday!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

We caught them in the south in the last deep hole past the 84 bridge. We just walked in though. I think there is one shallow spot that I could t get over... or I should say didn’t want to replace fiberglass lol... I can get over it because it’s a jet motor.

Comment

Found about a dozen today in a creek off the Trinity River in Walker County, big females. I would bet next two weeks will be good.

Comment

I took it to them pretty decent in the North bosque today. Caught about 20. Kept 10 that were all 13+ inches. About 50/50 male female today. Two nice undersized hybrids I had to throw back. Fished by myself from 9am- noon.

Gonna hopefully hit South Bosque tomorrow morning. Nice seeing ya Hendo!

Comment

Nice seeing you too Flex! We were late to the party.... only had 9 to show for it!

Comment

Fished White Rock Creek in Dallas south of Skillman and at Goforth bridge. Did not catch any whites or crappie, could be user error but its did not look like anyone was really getting into them. If anyone has DFW recommendations I would very much appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gigem2019 View Post
                Fished White Rock Creek in Dallas south of Skillman and at Goforth bridge. Did not catch any whites or crappie, could be user error but its did not look like anyone was really getting into them. If anyone has DFW recommendations I would very much appreciate it.
                I fished hickory creek and no bait or fish. Lots of boats and all said they same thing.

Water Temps were around 57. I think we are still a week or two out.

Comment

Anyone ever fish white bass in the Guadalupe above Canyon Lake?

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                    I fished hickory creek and no bait or fish. Lots of boats and all said they same thing.

Water Temps were around 57. I think we are still a week or two out.
                    Thanks, good to hear I wasn't the only one. Will keep reporting back until I find some.

Comment

My buddy hit up spring creek (Jesse) this weekend. Big fat zero

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        My buddy hit up spring creek (Jesse) this weekend. Big fat zero
                        I talked to a guy that said they caught some there yesterday. I just did a quick check at the end of treaschwig and wasn't anybody catching any there. I plan on trying a couple spots tomorrow and will post up if i catch any.

Comment

I caught a few sandies. Mostly dinks. Only one was a keeper. Also got a undersized striper, 16" that went back in the river. And several good crappie with one huge sunfish that went in the freezer with the crappie. Also got some dink crappie that are now there for future catching. And got a 13" channel cat that went back in the river too. Started about noon. Finished about 4:30. Lots of folk having very little luck. Saw lots of trolling going on. And every once in a while someone would hook a dink. My first few holes didn't produce anything. Crappie were in 23 FOW and started at 15 down. Later in the evening they were at 3-6 feet in 23 FOW.

Edit: No flow in the river this weekend.
                          Last edited by Texas Grown; 03-08-2021, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Couldn't find many yesterday on South and Mid bosque off waco.

Not sure if it was an off day or they shut down. Water was 63* in the rivers. 60ish main lake.

Comment

Originally posted by TXCreed90 View Post
                              Anyone have any advice for catching them on the fly this spring? Any favorite fly’s?
                              Always did good in the Colorado with small blue, silver or white scuds or freshwater shrimp patterns.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                                Couldn't find many yesterday on South and Mid bosque off waco.

Not sure if it was an off day or they shut down. Water was 63* in the rivers. 60ish main lake.

I hit the North Friday morning and gave them the business on my fly rod. Caught about 35 in an hour...

Comment

Working...
                                X