No announcement yet.

Ridiculous Price on New trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats why my 2 trucks have a combined age of 52 years.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
      And with the interest rates being offered on a 10 year finance plan, why WOULDN'T you buy an $80k truck??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
        Clearly i was joking. If i want an $80k half ton truck, I'll go buy one. But what about in 2 more years when an F150 Lariat is $100k then 2 more years its $120k and so on lol. Vicious cycle and unless the average American's wages go up to match, could get ugly or crash. Just blows my mind that a half ton truck is more than some people's mortgage these days....not a diesel, a regular ole half ton V6!
        I missed the "lol".

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Assuming an $80,000 loan at 5% interest, you're looking at over $20k in interest.....NOT serious.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
            Nope! They have found out the public will pay it. Why go down.
            Exactly. Financing 100% of the truck and over 84 months allows them to do it. We’ve all heard the “how much do you want your monthly payment to be” sales pitch. The number of people I know that make $50-60k a year and drive Lariats, Platinums, and Raptors is terrifying. They can scrounge by to afford the payment, but definitely cannot afford the truck.

I don’t expect it to change anytime soon.

Comment

If the price is too high, don't buy. If items don't sell, prices won't swell.

Comment

More, when the interest rates increase, less will buy.

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                Y'all just give it a little time. When the economy crashes new trucks and houses will be cheap.

Comment

The last two trucks I’ve bought new, I custom ordered. I’ve decided that I just don’t need the high end packages. For me, a truck is a tool, not a statement. I start with the base model and add the accessories that I want. They still aren’t cheap, and I have to wait a couple of weeks but I do save some money.

I remember that’s how people used to buy cars. Go to the dealership and test drive a model. Choose the model. Choose the exterior and interior colors. Pick the trim and accessories then wait for the factory to build it.

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
                    If you think this is ridiculous you should see the insane increase in wakeboard/wakesurf boats. Some of these boats, not yachts, no bathroom, no sleeping quarters are running $250,000 - $280,00. These are ski boats that in 2005 cost $50k.

I have never understood the cost of wake boats. Complete insanity. I remember when a guy I know bought a wakesetter 15 years ago and it was 75k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chicken fried View Post
                      There’s a huge shortage of semiconductors and it’s affecting the car manufacturers. So they say. Guess where the semiconductors are made? Chi Na

Funny how everything goes back to China.
                      True there is a semi shortage...but not all are made in China. Regarding wafer starts, China is 4th but growing. TWN, S. KOR and Japan are the top three and the US is 5th.

It's not getting better anytime soon. The industry will dig itself out of the current hole, but I suspect it won't be until next year.

Comment

I don’t understand why everything I own is worth beans but everybody else’s is gold. He here is my 20plus year old diesel with 275k miles. $15000.....Really? It’s not a classic or antique. It’s a worn out pickup. Oh but it’s a 7.3-yeah but the rest of the truck still has almost 300k. I can’t figure why anyone would pay that kind of money for a worn out pos.

Comment

The only way they know how to bring everyone down to the same level is print money and make everything unobtainable. The middle class become poor and the lower class become the middle class. Lol which is now poor! $100k trucks are still the same $50k trucks we had 5 years ago. Before you know it the financing will go out to 120-180 months like campers and boats. Predatory lending will be the only way to afford anything at $15 per hour.

Sorry just ranting a little.

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
                            I don’t understand why everything I own is worth beans but everybody else’s is gold. He here is my 20plus year old diesel with 275k miles. $15000.....Really? It’s not a classic or antique. It’s a worn out pickup. Oh but it’s a 7.3-yeah but the rest of the truck still has almost 300k. I can’t figure why anyone would pay that kind of money for a worn out pos.
                            Spoken like a guy that didn't buy a 7.3L.

Comment

We haven't bought a new vehicle since 2007. Way to rich for me.

Comment

I don't know. Last time I bought a truck was 2018. The only thing more ridiculous than new truck prices, was used truck prices. When it comes to a diesel at least.

Comment

Working...
                                X